A Louis Vuitton Acquisition 15 Years in the making!

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
My love for LV started in 2005 when I saw a pink cherry blossom Pochette for about $150 from a local consignment shop. For a 17 year old that wasn’t a small sum of money but I thought I could get the money together. It was fake (gasp!) but I wanted it.

Ultimately I decided against it and ended up scouring eBay a year later after I got my first credit card...I was working as a busser in a fine dining restaurant and making decent money for an 18 year old. I bought my first preloved LV - the same pink cherry blossom pochette I saw in that consignment shop, but authentic (and about $300 more).

There was this one bag I always wanted but ever bought. I was *this close* to paying for one on eBay in the late 2000’s but realized last minute it was fake— I should’ve known; the price was too good to be true. It ended up being a bag that’s always been on my wish list but never made it into my collection all these years.

I’ve been going a little crazy lately with acquiring bags, checking things off my ever-changing wish list and all of a sudden started searching for this again. By now the preloved market is no longer saturated with cherry blossom pieces and most of these are super pricey.

I paid much more than I should’ve for this, but I’m super happy with it. It is overall in pretty good condition but needed a tiny bit of TLC when it arrived - it looks like someone’s fur baby had chewed on the bow, the bag had some water spilled on the front (marking the bow and tarnishing the lock) and one of the cherry blossoms had a stain over it. But it cleaned up nicely.

None of the cherry blossoms had any rubs/scuffs, which is a deal breaker, and I’m very happy with this. May I present you: my new to me Cherry Blossom Sac Retro in brown!!

Shortly after box was opened:
7A4C513A-8D45-405F-BA23-F07ADF9C334F.jpeg

After a quick clean:
6970E8EF-4676-4D13-9CF4-9CCCA7388654.jpeg
E2315E4C-05A4-4051-AEEB-80582F4E2075.jpeg

The bow with a giant water stain which someone’s fur baby gnawed on, and the filthy lock:
5872B6AC-7904-4B39-AD94-046B3F601A56.jpeg

Bow and lock cleaned up:
1D388EE5-0CCC-402A-AEE3-0B037228BCDA.jpeg

And finally: the newest piece pictured with the first piece in my collection!
D8245CD2-EE05-4952-8612-B92AEF56867F.jpeg

I love your bags @karman !! The Murakami line made me fall in love with LV way back in 2004. I bought my first LV (pochette accessories) at LV in Harrods. I ended up buying the regular monogram but I looked at & almost bought the cerises pochette. I have recently begun collecting pieces from the Murakami lines since I love them so much & a retro cherry blossom is on the list :biggrin:. So happy to see you love these pieces as well & got your dream bag! She is lovely. Makes me nostalgic & think of happy times. Congratulations on your piece!

Oh, Karman! This is absolutely beautiful and I love the story behind it! I remember when the cherry blossom line came out. I wanted something from that line so bad, but I was also young and broke! LOL! So glad you finally got one!

Reactions: Jules626 and karman
Thanks everyone! Yikes I didn't realize I wrote a novella, whoops! Thank you all for reading that.

I love your bags @karman !! The Murakami line made me fall in love with LV way back in 2004. I bought my first LV (pochette accessories) at LV in Harrods. I ended up buying the regular monogram but I looked at & almost bought the cerises pochette. I have recently begun collecting pieces from the Murakami lines since I love them so much & a retro cherry blossom is on the list :biggrin:. So happy to see you love these pieces as well & got your dream bag! She is lovely. Makes me nostalgic & think of happy times. Congratulations on your piece!

Ugh, I'm regretting not picking up something in the Cerises line when the Speedys didn't sell on eBay for $2k! I would love the Cerises bucket bag, but it's more of an "it's rare so I want it" want, and not a true wish list want. So unless one came up as a really good deal, I won't be chasing it!

Oh, Karman! This is absolutely beautiful and I love the story behind it! I remember when the cherry blossom line came out. I wanted something from that line so bad, but I was also young and broke! LOL! So glad you finally got one!

Yes! I probably would've picked up more pieces if only the line were released a couple years later. I started working in the restaurant in 2004, but this line was completely off my radar (probably for the best since I was also young and broke!)

Congratulations! Love the back story leading up to your purchase. What did you use to clean up the bow and lock? It's such a noticeable improvement!

Thanks, I used CLR :smile: I think Brasso would probably be a better choice, I think CLR can damage brass/brass plated surfaces if there are scratches (unsure of the details but when I did a quick search some people advised not to use CRL on brass). I'm getting a new lock/key though because this one has some really bad tarnish spots that won't come off, and it's missing a key. I tried to pick this lock but no luck, so I bought a key/lock set of the same number .

Thanks, I used CLR :smile: I think Brasso would probably be a better choice, I think CLR can damage brass/brass plated surfaces if there are scratches (unsure of the details but when I did a quick search some people advised not to use CRL on brass). I'm getting a new lock/key though because this one has some really bad tarnish spots that won't come off, and it's missing a key. I tried to pick this lock but no luck, so I bought a key/lock set of the same number .

Have you used Brasso before on vintage Vuitton items? Just a warning if you're going to use it for the clasp (?) that holds the lock; I just bought Brasso to use on a red vintage epi Noe and the Brasso was definitely strong enough to remove some of the surrounding paint. I've seen people on YouTube using Brasso around their mono canvas with no problem if the lotion gets on the canvas, but I'm not sure if those beautiful flowers are applied the same way, so be careful! :smile:

Reactions: Jules626 and karman
Have you used Brasso before on vintage Vuitton items? Just a warning if you're going to use it for the clasp (?) that holds the lock; I just bought Brasso to use on a red vintage epi Noe and the Brasso was definitely strong enough to remove some of the surrounding paint. I've seen people on YouTube using Brasso around their mono canvas with no problem if the lotion gets on the canvas, but I'm not sure if those beautiful flowers are applied the same way, so be careful! :smile:
Yikes, good to know, thanks! The clasp is actually in pretty good shape with so I’ll leave it alone for now. If I do have to clean I’ll probably use a cotton swab and go very carefully!