A Louis Vuitton Acquisition 15 Years in the making!

Congrats on finally acquiring your holy grail bag !! I had the cherry blossom papillon way back then, but ended up selling it. I'm glad your search is over. For me, I am still in pursuit of a vintage mono Malsherbes with a pristine interior but not having much luck.

Congrats on finally acquiring your holy grail bag !! I had the cherry blossom papillon way back then, but ended up selling it. I'm glad your search is over. For me, I am still in pursuit of a vintage mono Malsherbes with a pristine interior but not having much luck.
The vintage bags are really tricky. I looked all over for a monogram Monceau for so long because I didn’t want one with a sticky inside pocket!

Reactions: Jules626
@karman OMG I remember you calling yourself old in one of our chats from another thread. GUESS WHAT WE ARE THE SAME AGE ! :flowers: lol I just had to tell you that off the bat. and this reveal is so special I loved reading it and all the ensuing reactions. we also fell in love with LV around the same time. I bought the book (birth of modern luxury) first though. I was SO impatient I had to have something authentic LV and that was the first thing I could really afford on my own. I kept it on my nightstand and whenever I felt like I had to have a piece of the company, I perused it. Lol. I was so proud to own that. Still am, but of course we have matured along in our collections since our firsts. I have to find the receipt I legit think they were under $100 then. And then the downward spiral into LV oblivion started. Hehe. Really love your collection and I feel like we would be friends in the "real world" too, especially given the age similarity. Keep these kinds of treasured stories coming, please. and the photos are always amazing. :biggrin: :heart: xo

@karman OMG I remember you calling yourself old in one of our chats from another thread. GUESS WHAT WE ARE THE SAME AGE ! :flowers: lol I just had to tell you that off the bat. and this reveal is so special I loved reading it and all the ensuing reactions. we also fell in love with LV around the same time. I bought the book (birth of modern luxury) first though. I was SO impatient I had to have something authentic LV and that was the first thing I could really afford on my own. I kept it on my nightstand and whenever I felt like I had to have a piece of the company, I perused it. Lol. I was so proud to own that. Still am, but of course we have matured along in our collections since our firsts. I have to find the receipt I legit think they were under $100 then. And then the downward spiral into LV oblivion started. Hehe. Really love your collection and I feel like we would be friends in the "real world" too, especially given the age similarity. Keep these kinds of treasured stories coming, please. and the photos are always amazing. :biggrin: :heart: xo
Thanks @Jules626, you’re so kind! I of course mean I’m “old” in a joking way... same way I joked around when I turned 18, 21, 30, and now.... 32 soon haha. It’s the young kids that make me feel old. Or when I struggled with Snapchat as a 28 year old LOL.
I do have that book as well and I must’ve bought it when amazon was still an up-and-coming (and truly a book-selling) company! It is currently in my living room along with a few other design books.
LV was my first designer obsession and I keep coming back to it. I’ve strayed to Chanel (mainly) and own a single Gucci and a single YSL but over the last couple years sold a bunch of my Chanels and replaced the empty spots in my closet with LV instead. I actually like that they’re “luxury” but not too exclusive. Whenever I carry a Chanel I just feel overly fancy where I am, especially for my role at work. LV is just right for me!

Thanks @Jules626, you’re so kind! I of course mean I’m “old” in a joking way... same way I joked around when I turned 18, 21, 30, and now.... 32 soon haha. It’s the young kids that make me feel old. Or when I struggled with Snapchat as a 28 year old LOL.
I do have that book as well and I must’ve bought it when amazon was still an up-and-coming (and truly a book-selling) company! It is currently in my living room along with a few other design books.
LV was my first designer obsession and I keep coming back to it. I’ve strayed to Chanel (mainly) and own a single Gucci and a single YSL but over the last couple years sold a bunch of my Chanels and replaced the empty spots in my closet with LV instead. I actually like that they’re “luxury” but not too exclusive. Whenever I carry a Chanel I just feel overly fancy where I am, especially for my role at work. LV is just right for me!

Ha ! Yes, I knew you were joking but I did wonder just how old you were, I can't lie. That's why I'm thrilled we are BOTH OLD YAY ! ;) :heart: I will turn 32 next month (doesn't take a detective to figure out my username has my bday in it lol). I still have the book too, and my long time bff got me one last year for my birthday so I am elated to have the older version and the newer one. I haven't even taken the plastic off the new one bc I want to keep it fresh. My older one is a little marked, still good shape but def tells a tale or two by now. The old one is in my bedroom and the new one in my living room. Kinda fun to have LV in (almost) every room. :P maybe funny, maybe sad. tbd. I def have issues either way. haha. I feel you on the LV loyalty. I covet Chanel but I am just not careful enough to trust myself. Maybe when I get a little older and the kids are a little further away from my body at any general given moment. Ha ! I have some Gucci too, and even though not as exclusive, AWang & other lesser designer SLGs. I feel you. It's personally hard for me to stray too far. If I have any other bags, they're very casual compared to LV - and tend to be more chic mom bags (MZ Wallace, Dagne Dover) but they're like knock around bags. I try to cop out w that mom excuse bc of the kids but I do enjoy them enough to keep buying different prints too. Shrugs. But INSIDE of them there is always sorts of LV. The loyalty runs deep. :P I feel weird without having at least one piece on me when I leave the house ! Maybe I will treat myself to a Chanel when I get (actually) old. Like 35. :yucky::biggrin: (jk of course !) :heart: