A Longchamp Newbie's Triple Threat (or Treat? ;) ) Picture-Heavy Reveal

Maice

O.G.
Mar 5, 2013
I've been lurking on the LC subforum for awhile. I've been wanting to get a Planetes bag in plum for some time, especially after I found out that the line was getting discontinued. While I always respected Longchamp as a brand, there was no LC bag that I felt I had to have - before I saw the Planetes. I was distracted with other bags for some time before I finally got around to trying to find my Plum Planetes (kind of imprudent, I know, especially since it was getting discontinued) - and of course by then, there were hardly any Plum Planetes bags to be found. I knew it would crop up on Bloomies online once in awhile - I lost out on one due to my "analysis paralysis" (thinking too long if I should push through with the purchase or not). After that, I resolved to get the first Plum Planetes I saw online. I read about bagshop here but they were also out of plums by the time I checked the site. Lo and behold, after weeks of stalking - a Plum Planetes was on Bloomies online! I snapped it up right away.

Since it was my first LC, I was paranoid and even had it authenticated here despite it coming from Bloomies. Of course it was authentic, and then... I found myself going back to Bloomies online out of habit (I had been stalking it for weeks at that point), even if I already had my Plum Planetes. And I saw ANOTHER LC I liked.... and it was on SALE. Uh-oh!

I ended up getting my second LC a few days after I got my first one. Incidentally, it was a limited edition one (at least, based on my understanding).

And then... I decided I wanted another Planetes in another color... I KNOW. I got this one from bagshop.com - I think I actually got the last one in this color and size!

After that long-winding story....

I now present the picture-heavy reveal of my first 3 Longchamp bags, bought just a few days apart! :biggrin: I am loving all 3... Thank you for letting me share!

First is my medium Plum Planetes. I tried taking different pictures with different lighting and camera settings. :P

Here she is fresh from the box, with plastic on the handles (then later on, without the plastic).

Attachments

• IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_3861.2.JPG
    IMG_3861.2.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 550
Here are some shots to show you how much I can fit in the medium Plum Planetes.

I can fit my bulky LV Eugenie wallet, my Kindle Fire HDX, my bulky Windows phone, my make-up bag - and there's still space left.

Attachments

• IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_3861.JPG
    IMG_3861.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_3880.JPG
    IMG_3880.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 549
Some shots of the Plum Planetes with the contents inside/filled.

Attachments

• IMG_3886.JPG
    IMG_3886.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 548
First is my medium Plum Planetes. I tried taking different pictures with different lighting and camera settings. :P

Here she is fresh from the box, with plastic on the handles (then later on, without the plastic).
Congrats!!! I love the Planetes line, and like you I quickly grabbed the large LH in Plum from bagshop about a month ago. It was my 4th LC bag, and I love them all. Enjoy this beauty!!!

Moving on to my second Longchamp purchase. It's a small short handle Platinum LM Metal. I really love the look of this, and its color. It's metallic, but nothing too gold or gaudy.

The first shot is of it fresh from the box. The second one shows it filled with the contents. The third shot shows what I can fit in it - all the same things as the medium Plum Planetes, except this time, not much space left.

Attachments

• IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    596.9 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_3930.JPG
    IMG_3930.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    434.8 KB · Views: 529
Congrats!!! I love the Planetes line, and like you I quickly grabbed the large LH in Plum from bagshop about a month ago. It was my 4th LC bag, and I love them all. Enjoy this beauty!!!

Thank you, cheidel! :biggrin: I've been lurking here on the LC subforum for some time, and I've seen some of your posts!

I love the Planetes line too, and I love all my 3 LCs so far! :biggrin:

Moving on to my second Longchamp purchase. It's a small short handle Platinum LM Metal. I really love the look of this, and its color. It's metallic, but nothing too gold or gaudy.

The first shot is of it fresh from the box. The second one shows it filled with the contents. The third shot shows what I can fit in it - all the same things as the medium Plum Planetes, except this time, not much space left.
Lovely!!! I have the large LH LM Metal in Gold...... your Platinum is gorgeous!!!

And here's my third (and last? :graucho:) LC purchase - the large long handle Turquoise Planetes. I wanted to get it in medium, but there was none left on bagshop (or anywhere else I looked at the time). I grabbed this one, and love it too! I think medium is better for me (I am rather petite), but I'd like to think the large one doesn't overwhelm me. I love the color of this one too!

I no longer included a shot of what fits... it goes without saying that the same things would fit in the large as the small and medium (plus more). ;)

The third shot shows it with a charm. It's the only one of the three I accessorized so far - I don't really have a lot of charms to begin with, but when I saw this bag, I thought it would go well with this charm I already had.

Attachments

• IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_3974.JPG
    IMG_3974.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 536
Finally, some shots of all 3 together. I like how I have one small, 1 medium, and 1 large.

These are the last pics of my reveal. WHEW! I guess I wasn't kidding when I said this was going to be picture-heavy :graucho:

Thank you again everyone for letting me share! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3978.JPG
    IMG_3978.JPG
    476.9 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 505
Lovely!!! I have the large LH LM Metal in Gold...... your Platinum is gorgeous!!!

Thank you, cheidel! :biggrin: I love the color of this one too!! I saw a picture of a short handle platinum LM Metal here (I forget whose it was), and it helped convince me to buy it since I liked hers so much. Plus... it was on sale! $78 on Bloomies online! :graucho: