A Long Way Gone

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys,

I just thought I would stop by today and let you guys know about a book I just read called "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah.

I did a search on TPF of "child soldier" and came across very little. Since this is something I am very passionate about, I encourage you guys to read this book and learn something new :smile:

It was very very well written and the story is very moving!

Have fun!

2. I just googled that book. It sounds like something that is going to make me sob uncontrollably. Thanks for the heads up - it looks interesting and I agree, something that people need to know goes on.

3. I am going to see if my library has it. Looks good...I def agree with bagnshoo about the sobbing but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

There is another thread about books...what are you reading..you should throw a blurb in there. I have read plenty of books that I probably would not have because of some of the recommends in that thread.

Thanks again!!