A Little Suggestion for the Shopping Forum?

peppy

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I love this shopping forum, it's fabulous being able to come here and peek into others' dreams and see how it comes to fruition. But I've noticed how the threads here are growing very quickly, and I'm starting to find it a little difficult to look for new/on-going bespoke threads. This is especially so as some threads are many pages long, and it takes quite a bit of time to find out whether the bespoke is still on-going or not.

Hence my little suggestion : how about having the OP close the thread once the bespoke has gone into production? and/or a Mod amend the title to say "CLOSED" or something to that effect. That way, one quick glance will immediately show which bespoke is still on-going and that it's still possible for one to join in?

Just a little thought... :smile:

I think that's a fantastic idea! It does get confusing sometimes around here. I like the idea of using "CLOSED" on the title, but I'm not sure about closing the thread since sometimes after the fact people like to come back onto the thread and show off their bespoke bags. :smile:

Peppy - I'm not sure how I missed this. What about having people send me a pm when the bags are going into production and I can ammend the title to let people know they are in production? Just a thought, but I am open to everyone's suggestions. I just think "closed" might be confusing to newbies.

Suzi, I think in the RM forum the mods do that when a bag goes into production. I noticed it when I joined a SO over there. I think it's a great idea so those in the bespoke instantly see their bag is being produced and it lets others know that the bespoke has moved into the production phase.