A Little Something Dilemma

^ wow... hmmm. well i'm not sure what to say at this point. other than trying to contact a counselor again. i'm sure you can find one through your health coverage. hopefully he/she can help you figure out a way from letting your mom control your life.

it all sounds terribly wicked. feel free to pm me whenever. i just feel so sorry for both you and your puppy.:sad:

No, to move out of state so that I won't go crazy and get Depression. It's to the point where I'm always stressed out. You guys know that I am pretty much always stressed, right? It has to do with my Mom. She looks through my stuff, always finds something to yell at me about. She still hits me (and nobody in the family does anything about that). If she's in one of those moods, she'll get mad at me for no reasons and if I'm not around for her to criticize and yell at, she takes it out on my dog. Just stuff like that. It's come to the point where everyday I wonder when the ball will drop again ...

Sorry. Didn't mean to make light of your comment. I didn't know the whole story.

Kou, I too have a very controlling asian mother and it was very hard for me to stand up to her. However, the only way I could do this was to finally be able to support myself financially. Even after that it was still difficult to be a "good" daughter at the same time having my boundaries as far as leading my own life. It actually required not talking to her for 5 months straight the first time and 7 months the second time, as well as my not allowing her to impose her will on me through daily contact, for her to respect my boundaries. I know your situation is different, but I really, really hope things will work out between you and your mom. Call me if you ever need to talk or vent over fondue and shopping ((hugs))

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Kou!

Well, not all Asian mothers are like that. Mine gives me my freedom and liberty. She doesn't nose around my stuff. Okay, I think it also helps that since I left home when I was 18 to study abroad and ended up living abroad until now, then my parents miss me a lot as I only see them on holidays!

In any case, I think throwing stuff and hitting are not acceptable.

SHE TAKES THINGS OUT ON YOUR PUPPY??? Sorry, that just gets my blood boiling.
Cross off all Hermes and other impulse buy purchases, get your own place and move out. Let her disown you. No money in the world can buy you that sense of freedom and independence.

I have a very controlling (though not Asian) mother too, I moved abroad, we were literally on non-speaking terms for a while (and it took me a lot of strength and counseling to FINALLY speak up to her). Now, our relationship is very good - age both mellowed mother and daughter.