A little shopping trip today...

Hi Bostonjetset-- the silk is definitely reinforced.

On the accordion part (for lack of a better description), the silk has a black backing-- I am wondering if that is another silk to give it some extra "girth" and structure. In the credit card slips, it feels like the material has been doubled up. Inside the coin purse section, it has the black backing in the inside and feels as doubled up as the actual credit card pockets.

The SA told me she has seen wallets from her customers in long term use and they have held up well. She had one customer get the silk inside the wallet cleaned by the Tie Crafters cleaner in NY. She also told me that you can carry up to 2 cards in each section and that she would not recommend putting more than 2 in each pocket.

Overall, it feels very solid and I am not really worried about it wearing out. I have a cheap change purse for actual change, so I can't see what will end up wearing out in this wallet. I plan to use the zippered area for receipts, for the day until I scan them later that evening (or after a trip).

I drove to Charlotte (about 2.5 hours from me) so I could handle them in person versus the website since I was worried about how much "work" the wallet could put up with as I am not one who tends to use multiple wallets in different bags (too lazy!). Once I felt the wallets, I was content with paying for them. :smile:

I will make a reminder to myself to give an update in about six months as that will include a lot of daily use!

Thank you for your intel on the Silk-In! I am considering one myself, and your description really helps :flowers:

Thank you for the great reveal and the story to go along with it:smile:! It was a very sweet and lovely read. Congratulations on your MBA and your new purchases. You picked some very beautiful pieces. I love that you have such a kind SA...that really makes all the difference in the world and is a big part of the whole H experience:smile:. Good luck with your weight loss goals! You can do it! We will cheer you on here and support you all the way!:woohoo:

Congrats with your loots! I enjoyed reading your great experience! In fact I also commuted (a bit less than 2hrs) to the same place picking up my special piece yesterday! SAs are very nice & I enjoy being there sharing stories too!