A little rant about quality....

i've got 4 splits on 1 shoe and none on the other, white patent salamanca. :sad: had them for few years but only worn maybe a handful of times. and where the splits are is not really much of a bend on my foot.... :sad: i guess i am too addicted now to stop buying CLs, but i do hope the quality improves... :smile:

Attachments

• salamanca1.jpg
    salamanca1.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 842
That stinks! I don't know a ton about leather, but I'm wondering if they are using cheaper cuts of leather now to keep up with demand and keep costs low for them. If they're cut using a compromised piece where the grain is hit in a wonky way, and then bent against the grain to make the shoe, it could cause splitting.

well today i got very beautiful cabo pump. i am a little concerned as there 2 little red bags now. apart from the spare heel tips, there is a bag with spikes/nails.....do they really expect them to fall off??? i only noticed it now as SA placed them on top of the shoes. so now i checked 'spike me' and there is this second bag too!!! do they really fall off??? you cannot see the bottom nail on either of the shoes, so if they do fall off, they would need to practically separate the lining and the sole to fix them??? did anyone have issues with spikes or the new embellishments?

well today i got very beautiful cabo pump. i am a little concerned as there 2 little red bags now. apart from the spare heel tips, there is a bag with spikes/nails.....do they really expect them to fall off??? i only noticed it now as SA placed them on top of the shoes. so now i checked 'spike me' and there is this second bag too!!! do they really fall off??? you cannot see the bottom nail on either of the shoes, so if they do fall off, they would need to practically separate the lining and the sole to fix them??? did anyone have issues with spikes or the new embellishments?
Hi! Yes it could happend, I have a pair of Rollerball (flats) and one spike have falled off, but the little nail is still in place, I have no spared spikes but if I had one the only thing that I should do is place it back with no effort, I'll post a picture later if you want! My Taclou had extra spikes but on the bottom of the heel one came off with the base :sad: And I can't do anything to fix it! Anyway I think is a good thing that they give extra spikes!

I returned a pair of Body Strass Pigalles to the CL store after three crystals fell off during shipping and some looked liked they were hot glued on by a toddler... The CL manager at my boutique offered to super glue them back on for me... I hadn't even worn them and they were already falling apart and no, I don't want you to try and glue my new $1200 shoes back together! They need better quality control and better testing before production to make sure their ideas are practical.

That's awful!

Here is a picture of the split I had on my New Decoltissimo......these splits are now showing up on my Black Patent So Kates, and Black Kid Pigalle 100's

These splits are not the result of stretching or anything like that since I don' stretch......never seen this in my collection of Manolo's, Choo's Sergio Rossi's, Pradas....

Yes, this! This is exactly where my Pigalle spikes have split, both shoes on both sides. I'm almost scared to wear them now.

This is unacceptable. I'd send them back in no time. My opinion is that Louboutins are not made in a single factory with strict quality control, but rather in different places. I don't mean to upset anyone with my opinion, but I think the quality of Louboutins in the US may not be as good as that of those made in Europe. It's just my personal experience and I may be wrong.
I own only 3 pairs, but the shoes I saw in Paris boutiques were impeccable, while some of those I saw/tried on in the US had visible flaws.
However, I wouldn't hesitate to send them back, clients deserve respect and good quality for the money they spend. What I see happening to your shoes is a very expensive insult.

I agree. It's very bad that this should happen on such expensive shoes. All of the ones I have that are faulty have been purchased from the ecomm Louboutin site or from the boutiques themselves.

i've got 4 splits on 1 shoe and none on the other, white patent salamanca. :sad: had them for few years but only worn maybe a handful of times. and where the splits are is not really much of a bend on my foot.... :sad: i guess i am too addicted now to stop buying CLs, but i do hope the quality improves... :smile:

That is really extreme.

I have had something similar happen to a pair of YSL pumps, also patent leather so it may be something to do with the leather? I wouldn't give up entirely on CLs over this. Certainly unacceptable, but just leaving my $0.02 to say that this does happen with other designers as well.

Hey, sort of good news..... The store accepted a return and a refund on my black patent so Kate's with the tears....,but now I don't have a pair of so Kate's in black patent( the ones I am wearing in my avatar).....bummer

Thank you cleopatraselene.....I went back and was quite assertive....based on the tone of your post...... Girl power wins!...... I guess it also helped that the manager of that store was also female and can relate.....

Last edited:
Hey, sort of good news..... The store accepted a return and a refund on my black patent so Kate's with the tears....,but now I don't have a pair of so Kate's in black patent( the ones I am wearing in my avatar).....bummer

Thank you cleopatraselene.....I went back and was quite assertive....based on the tone of your post...... Girl power wins!...... I guess it also helped that the manager of that store was also female and can relate.....

Did you goto the CL boutique in West Hollywood?

I have a pair of So Kate in black-patent, I tried them on at Neiman Marcus. Seemed OK. When I got home, they were SO TIGHT! I waited a few days, thinking my feet were swollen, but no. Still too tight. I will have to return them, unfortunately.

Subsequenly, I went to CL boutique to try on So Kate in purple suede. Suede (generally speaking) is softer and more malleable than kid leather (certainly more than the more rigid patent leather).

I had no idea, CL shoes would split. It happened to me, with an old 90's Sacha London 5" pump I had, which was WAY too tight

Definitely, the stress load of tight fit is causing this. If you buy the right shoe in terms of fit (I like them slightly loose, even when new), it won't happen. My black-patent Pigalle 120 have been a real trooper, they fit perfectly since Day 1..still soldiering on with them (now looser). They've been a real champ.

Attachments

• sokate.jpg
    sokate.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 609
  • sokatepurple.jpg
    sokatepurple.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 618