A Little Pre-Loved Reveal

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
Here's my first pre-loved purchase. I've had her for a couple weeks working on cleaning her up. The inside smelled a little "off" not bad but I didn't like it. I tried everything I could think of to remedy that from airing it out, a damp rag with soap, a candle, vinegar and water spray, dryer sheets, natures miracle, free breeze etc. nothing worked. Actually they all mixed together and made it worse. My hubby watched me try all my ideas and when they didn't work he thought for a while and said either clean it or tear it up trying. Turn it inside out and wash it with Dawn Dishwashing Soap I hesitated for a second but went ahead with it and I am so glad I did because it worked!! Now she's all fresh, clean and ready to go. So glad she finally feels like mine!! :biggrin: Thanks for letting me share.

image-3083210962.jpg

image-656931346.jpg

image-1852207114.jpg

image-3128848144.jpg

you use dishwashing soap on it and it still looks OK?!! amazing!!
thanks for sharing!

the bag still looks gorgeous!! i actually don't mind the patina as long as it 's nice honey brown, not blackish.

congrats!

cherrycookies said:
you use dishwashing soap on it and it still looks OK?!! amazing!!
thanks for sharing!

the bag still looks gorgeous!! i actually don't mind the patina as long as it 's nice honey brown, not blackish.

congrats!

Thank you :smile: Yes! I used it to wash the inside but I turned it completely inside out and zipped it closed so I didn't get the leather on the outside wet. Can't tell I did it except for the stain in the bottom of the bag is gone and it smells fresh! I just wish I could stop the patina process. It's a perfect honey color right now and I don't want it to get darker.

Also a big thank you to Lee and Addy for authenticating her before I bought her! So nice of them to offer their expertise to us so we don't get taken advantage of :biggrin: