A little nervous...

Janye

Apr 21, 2011
I won an auction on eBay right before the Canada Post strike. While looking at shipping options with my seller, I decided I wanted the regular USPS + tracking as UPS would not deliver to my remote little isolated neck of the woods. I also said I would pay more because I was sure the $14 I was quoted did not include this and I wanted tracking to watch for movement, even if it got stuck at the border for a month.

The seller told me not to worry about it and that it did include tracking.

The next day, the seller marked as shipped and sent me this message:

"This is to confirm that I sent your item by First Class International Mail Registered Delivery today.

There is no tracking available through the USPS but the Registered No is RExxxxxxxxxxxUS."

I know there is tracking, I know it costs more (totally unsure of what exactly because sellers have charged me different which I guess depends on where they live) and I was willing to pay more.

Now that it is gone out RM, what is stopping it from being singed at some random location by a "friend" or something. I hate to be suspicious, this person has good feedback but all pretty much as a buyer. I am really nervous, but should I be ? Has anyone here gotten something RM instead of tracking ? :sad:

Help ? :sad:

Oct 4, 2008
Registered delivery is VERY secure ... it has to be noted who handled the package at each step of the way. I've used it for mailing documents - it may be a little slower because of all the internal tracking ... but it will be worth it in the long run.

Janye

Apr 21, 2011
Thank you for your reply. Is there any reason why this would be chosen over tracking ? Is it a cheaper option ? How does RM work ? I don't have a physical address, just a PO box and that is what it was sent to.

Oct 4, 2008
I don't know why this was chosen. Maybe your seller asked the USPS employee what would be best, considering the Canadian postal strike and this method was suggested?

I think the tracking is only viewable by the post office ... but it is being tracked.