A little love lost for Paddy

dee-dee

Dec 14, 2005
So I came face to face for the first time with the Paddy, only it was the metallic in silver. (Whiskey was my love). The leather did not seem soft at all, it was really stiff, and the bag appeared much smaller!!, does anyone know if the metallics are made with a different kind of leather?, or different dimensions? Because from what I've heard, the Paddy leather's supposed to be super slouchy and soft. Do you guys think the Whiskey would be any different?

I'm really having second thoughts.

I did see this bag though, and the leather is Un-freaking-believably soft. I wasn't looking for a bag in this color though, and I'm kinda over the whole hobo thing so I passed
ckob53_zm.jpg

Are you sure you weren't looking at a mini paddy? I would think the metallic would be a little stiffer than the whisky.

As for the Kooba - they are two totally different bags with two totally different price tags. I love my kooba. I had the paddy but returned it because it was kind of heavy and also trendy to justify the cost.

addicted said:
Are you sure you weren't looking at a mini paddy? I would think the metallic would be a little stiffer than the whisky.

As for the Kooba - they are two totally different bags with two totally different price tags. I love my kooba. I had the paddy but returned it because it was kind of heavy and also trendy to justify the cost.

Oh, yeah I realize Kooba's are way less expensive. I just mentioned it because I totally fell in love with the leather and hoped that the Paddy felt just as good. I actually like the Sienna, which one do you have?

the leather on the metallics are a little more crinkly, more crunchy, not stiff. i have the grenat and anthracite, and that's my observation. maybe because it was a mini the leather appears stiffer. mine are both the regular sized paddy. hope that helps!

i saw the paddy IRL this weekend and thought exactly the opposite - what a beautiful, soft bag! it was also bigger than i expected. i saw the gray and the silver, i didn't look too much at the silver or touch it, but it did look less soft than the regular. you may very well have been looking at a mini paddy, so don't give up hope!

Koobas are supposed to have soft as buttah leather. (If my darn bag would get here I'd be able to tell you first hand.) Sevearl people have posted that their Kooba leather was their softest.

amanda said:
i saw the paddy IRL this weekend and thought exactly the opposite - what a beautiful, soft bag! it was also bigger than i expected. i saw the gray and the silver, i didn't look too much at the silver or touch it, but it did look less soft than the regular. you may very well have been looking at a mini paddy, so don't give up hope!

Ok, do you mean the anthracite, or the silver metallic, there is a difference right? Or is the antracite considered to be "metallic".

fayden said:
the leather on the metallics are a little more crinkly, more crunchy, not stiff. i have the grenat and anthracite, and that's my observation. maybe because it was a mini the leather appears stiffer. mine are both the regular sized paddy. hope that helps!

It was at Neiman Marcus...the lady at the counter measured it and it was 14" in lenth. Is that the measurement of the mini?

I just got my normal size paddy (not the baby) in dark grey and the leather is so soft that you want to put your head on it and sleep. my be it was because of the metallic. I'm sure the whiskey will be as soft as mine.

I just got my normal size paddy (not the baby) in dark grey and the leather is so soft that you want to put your head on it and sleep. my be it was because of the metallic. I'm sure the whiskey will be as soft as mine.