A little "funny" LV story to tell

kuishinbomeow

Apr 16, 2009
I usually call my mom once per week. Last night, she was telling me a story about LV. During her mahjong session with a group of ladies at the neighbour's house, two of the ladies brought the exact same LV bag. Based of mom's description (she knows nothing about LV), sound like a NF to me.

Other ladies were teasing better not getting the wrong bag later. One of this lady became defensive and said, "Mine is an authentic version. I got it in Singapore for S$1700!!". Other ladies were looking at each other. LOL Did she mean to say another LV is a fake. Where is her sense of humor. Tsk tsk tsk...

I am pretty sure it does not cost $1700 if it is a NF, but she claimed she bought it with that price. Mom described the bag as wide opening, no zip, and very think handle. I can't think of other LV bag that looks like that except NF.

Maybe they should have compared them closely to see if there was any difference. Not saying the one lady's was fake but if it was and she legitimately didn't know it could be a good learning experience.

Once we had an employee from a branch office turn up in the exact same coat I had and hung hers next to mine in the closet. I made the same kind of comment (don't get them mixed up, it'll cost a lot of money to courier the right ones back to us!) She was a good 4 sizes bigger than me (I've exceeded her weight since, this was a long time ago) and once it was out of my mouth I worried she would think it was a comment about her weight. I covered it by showing her the torn lining in mine and I think I got away with it!

So I'd be afraid to make a comment like that about a purse in case some one did respond either that "mine's real and yours isn't" or "you're foolish to have a real one if you can't tell the difference to mine".

1700$ SGD is 1200$ USD.. Are you sure it had a zipper? Some bags look like they are open when they are unzipped... but actually have a zipper. could it have been the bucket bag? - Cabas mezzo? Cabas piano? BH?

I think its the cabas mezzo... that one is around 1200$ before tax USD - but it has a zipper... so not quiet sure.