A little frustrated with local store

Alexa5

O.G.
Nov 2, 2011
Yesterday I had been trying to call the SA I usually work with to see if they had the Chelsea mini shoulder bag in paprika and to see if I could use someone else's FB 25% off (I don't use FB, and this person wasn't using theirs).

I kept missing her via phone so I went to the store, and she was there but helping someone. Someone else came to help me and I asked her about the bag, and they didn't have it. She said, let's see if we can find it online. I said that is where I saw the bag, so I know it is there. Of course we see it there and she says how we can order it and free shipping, blah blah blah. I said okay, but can I use this FB coupon and was up front and said it was someone else's. She and another associate say, oh those are individually based. I told her that X SA, who I had been trying to reach and work with normally always honors PCE's for me, as I never get them. But they both kind of give me the "look" they gave me when they used to not honor PCE's for me. So I said, well since you don't even have the purse here for me to see it, I will pass.

They didn't even bother to ask the SA (who is also the manager) if I could use the FB discount, and I know she would have let me. That was what was frustrating for me. Then I tried to give the store another chance, and I couldn't reach the SA, so I just bought the purse online at regular price. Another time they did that I gave the sale to online versus the store, because I don't get how one SA/manager can be so friendly and helpful and everyone else can't bother to try to at least ask her.

Do you think it is because they think she will take the sale from them?

I would say it is more likely that they don't feel they can make that decision themselves. They should've asked their manager.. But that can be intimidating. I know I used to work under a manager in retail that would offer way too many discounts and we were told not to honour her deals anymore. I'm sure that isn't the case in this situation but working retail can be a complex political situation.

I think that some SAs are more sticklers to the "rules". I have the exact opposite problem at my store. It's the manager I have to duck and dodge because she will not budge when it comes to PCE. I have 2 favorite SAs that always hook me up, regardless of whether or not I receive the actual offer. So I usually get with my SAs to figure out when is the best time for me to call or come in (when manager is not around) to make sure I can get the discount if I want something. (Lately I've been receiving all the PCE offers, though, so it's not been an issue).

If I was you, I'd keep calling until you get your SA, explain the situation, and see if she will honor it and do a price adjustment for you once your bag arrives.

Did you get one of the PCE's that expired on December 11th? My local manager called me Friday and said that it had been extended thru Sunday (18th).

No, they didn't mention that, and that makes me even more frustrated because they knew that she usually honored all PCE's for me even when I don't get them (which is all of the time--I never get them). And she always tells me I can shop during the PCE time and get the PCE. So, the SA that was there said PCE's were different than the FB thing (which is so silly considering they used to say things like that about the PCE before they started giving it to me), and she could have said....well we can't do the FB discount, but could do the PCE since it has been extended.

Maybe when I am at the store sometime and can talk with the SA/manager I will tell her the issues I ran into. I don't think I can keep calling though...

Well I don't know why they wouldn't honor the FB discount, but here's what happened at my store today:

I bought a cherry Hailey online a week or so ago & used the 25% PCE. I wasn't 100% sold on the color.
Last night I went to my store and saw the Katarina in Paprika and fell in love.
I printed out the FB disount today and took it to the store w/ my cherry Hailey.
I was able to exchange my Hailey for the paprika and she applied the 25 % discount.
My friend that came with me found a Maggie she loved. She was going to go home and register for the FB discount and come back to get the bag. The SA was awesome and said she could give her the 25% right then. The only difference would be the discount would not be linked to her name... as in it wouldn't increase her chances of getting a PCE in the future, whereas using the FB discount is linked to your name. My friend didn't mind (she frequently gets PCE's) so bought the bag right there!