A Little Disappointed

kennedyflair

Jan 3, 2010
London
www.kdlang.org
I've just recieved a gorgeous oak Bayswater from My Wardrobe. Whilst it is a thing of beauty it does not have that gorgeous "Mulberry" smell. In fact it smells strongly of chemicals! Will it fade and the good leather smell come through? Anyone else have a chemical smelling bag?

Mulberry Ellie

'Ells Bells!!!
Feb 15, 2009
Cotswolds, UK
Oh dear - this does not sound good! How disappointing for you hun.

Do you think its the box/wrapping rather than the actual bag?

Id suggest placing bag in a spare room with lots of air flow (but away from open windows in case of rain) with flap open..............to let air circulate.

Id give it a few days - and if no/little improvement, Id ring My Wardrobe.

Im hoping its the box & tissue but if odour remains it could be that the glue has been overdone.

I am so sorry you are disappointed - the Mulberry smell is usually a thing of great delight!

Ells xx

kennedyflair

Jan 3, 2010
London
www.kdlang.org
Thanks Ells, I've left it out of its dust bag-and will open the flap as you suggested. I'll give it a few days. I'm not feeling the love actually:oh:

(I sent back the "blonde" btw as she did not live up to my expectations!)

IWantANewBag

Jan 2, 2010
Sorry to hear this. I just received an oak bays from an outlet and mine smells very strongly of leather. Ellie's advice is good. Hopefully that will help. When you spray a bag with waterstop that sometimes takes the leather smell away a bit. If you decide to keep it then maybe that will reduce the smell a bit? Not sure if it would take away a chemical smell though sorry. xx

kennedyflair

Jan 3, 2010
London
www.kdlang.org
Hi there, tried the outlet last week and they had all gone and so tried MW-thinking I couldn't go wrong!

I wondered if My Wardrobe had already sprayed the bag with something to protect it? The smell is such a big part of the Mulberry thing!

IWantANewBag

Jan 2, 2010
Probably for the best. It's too much money to part with unless you are 100% satisfied imho. I hope you manage to purchase something else lovely soon xx

ratrat

Ratatat!
Sep 12, 2008
Oh I'm late here, had come & already gone but I'm sure you did right thing. There will be next chance for you!

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
United Kingdom
yep, even before I had read that you had returned it, my advice was to do just that, as you said you were not really feeling it - there are too many other gorgeous bags out there to keep one you are not positive about :smile:

kennedyflair

Jan 3, 2010
London
www.kdlang.org
Thanks all for the words of encouragement-you are all so nice.:flowers:

I wonder what it was though? (I made my son sniff in the dustbag and he drew his head back sharply-so it wasn't just me being fussy!)

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
Oh dear, sorry it didnt work out for you. If you werent feeling the love though you def did the right thing!