A little bit shady or not? I can't figure this out.

kolibriszuka

Fleur's Mom
Feb 9, 2007
As well as selling personal items on EB, I occasionally list things from the boutique I own. Usually it's sale stuff I just want to move out.

I had an auction for a top and someone from Germany won it. She won it on January 27 and still hadn't paid, so I sent a payment reminder on the 2nd of this month.

Well, I hadn't heard anything from her or received payment until this morning when I checked my email. This is what she wrote:

i am sorry,that it takes so much time...you will get your money
soon .i have some problems with my paypal connection! i need
your e-mail adress ,so a frind of mine can send the
money!please send it to me.regards

I'm not sure what to make of this. How can you have problems with your "Paypal Connection"? I'm scared that I'm going to get scammed because this is an expensive item.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should deal with this person? Also, she has only 15 feedback and 86.7% positive score... she has 3 negatives but the comments are in German, so I don't know what they say!

Thanks so much!

HM... in order for YOU to have Seller Protection...
11.4 What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:

Ship the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page.
  • You may access the “Transactions Details” page by logging into your PayPal Account, selecting “History” and then selecting “Details” for the transaction.

Follow the shipping requirements described below.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/UserAgreement/ua/USUA-outside#spp-policy

The other thing that would concern me is IF someone other than the winning bidder pays, you will have to SHIP to the person who PAID, but then could the winning bidder claim that she did not receive her item... as you did not ship it to the winning bidder...?? And if you ship to the winning bidder, then you are NOT shipping to the person who PAID...??

Or what if they paid you w/ a stolen PP account, you ship, and then charges are reversed..??

I'm not so sure I'd be doing this w/out checking w/ PP first. Sounds risky to me....

Last edited:
The problem is that if her friend sends you the PP $$, you will not be covered by PP. Because your buyer won the auction and her friend is another person who has another PP account and address. For you to be covered by ebay and PP, you need to send to a confirmed address and it has to be from the person who won the bag. (or item) With the negs/bad FB I would cancel this one.

seems a bit shady... but if her feedback is ok, then go ahead and giver her your paypal email address, or resend the invoice. make sure to reiterate that you will be sending the item to the address listed on the paying paypal account. if she's trying to get her "friend" to pay, that means it goes to the confirmed address for that account. If she has any problems with that, then forget it, and move on to the next buyer.