a little antsy about this transaction

Dec 19, 2007
I sold a used designer item on ebay last week for 250.00, shipped it right away with sig confirmation. It sat at the post office for 4 days before the buyer picked it up which worried me a little, then she sends an email saying its not authentic, (I got this from Ann's Fab Finds so I am 99% sure that it is auth)but she doesnt say anything else, nothing about a return etc. So I respond back and ask why she thinks it is not authentic and did she want to return for a refund???? but no response. I'm a little confused, I will gladly refund her if she sends it back cause I know I can resell it but she doesnt seem to act like she wants to return it even though she claims its fake. my spidey senses are tingling.

Breathe a little.

Firstly, I would not be so worried about the fact that it sat at the post office - she mostly likely has a job and other commitments which got in the way of picking it up.

Secondly, you can't really do much except ask her what she expects from you?

Thirdly, is the bag authentic? Have you had it authenticated here? If it's authentic you're most likely fine.

In terms of stunts she could pull, if you're taking a return make sure you have the original bag back before you issue any refund. Beware of bait and switch too - I hope you have lots of pictures of the bag you sent her. How is her feedback?

But really, wait until you hear back from her.

If you got it from AFF, you're right, 99% likelihood it is authentic. I wouldn't worry until they responded with their reasoning on why they think it is fake. Most likely, they aren't familiar with the brand and have odd doubts. If so, refer them to the purse forum to have it authenticated themselves. If it checks out, great! If not, explain how sorry you are and refund including shipping. Good luck!

Much as I suspected I think she is trying to pull a fast one on me, she emailed me back and says that its a nice fake and she will keep it for a 50% refund. So basically she can't afford it and is hoping Im gonna fall for this and hand her half the money back. Im curious to see what she is gonna do when I tell her no. Still no response to my question about why she thinks it is fake, probably because she hasnt thought of anything yet.

Ugh, HATE these people that try it on. I get so sick of lowball cheeky messages and those that try to kick up a stink for no reason other than that they wanna "try it on" to see if they can get a partial refund.
Stick to your guns and tell her No way Jose...

My first thought is that she knows it's authentic but is trying to scam you out of half the money back. I'd tell her where to get it authenticated at, and it'll be a 100% refund if she returns it, no partial. Good luck!

Definitely no partial refund, and as others have suggested, I'm not sure I'd offer a refund at all. She knows it's real and she just wants it for less. She'd have to prove that it's not authentic, and obviously if it is, she won't be able to do that.

Definitely sounds like an attempt to scan you on the price. And since she is unethical enough to try that, its not a much further step to replace it with a fake.

No refund, no return. If she tries a claim, the burden of proof for authenticity will fall on her.