A little advice on what bag to get at Bal Harbour? First time at a retail LV store!

designerluvr

Mar 11, 2010
Hello ladies! I'm new here but will be in Miami in a couple of weeks and I would like to get a new LV bag. I have only been to the little stores inside Neiman's and Saks, so I'm a little exited about this experience and I feel like I should dress up or something, I'm so silly! :nuts: Currently I own a Speedy 25 and the monogram multicolor pochettes in black and white, and the one in brown, and another kind of shoulder bag that I don't know the name of but it's nothing recent, I don't think they still sell it, it's green and white, I think it's called a Tahitian.

I am really tempted to get a keepall but I don't know what size the biggest size is that will fit in overhead storage and I'd like it to be one of my main travel bags so it will be an essential. However, the extra $300 for a simple shoulder strap does give me pause in this economy. I'd really like to keep this purchase under $1100. Also, I prefer monogram canvas to any of the other kinds of material they offer, really. Although I do like the really shiny pretty stamped patent leather looking bags too.

Other than that, I'm open to any suggestions! Who should I talk to at Bal Harbour-- do any of you shop there? What bags should I look at? I do prefer shoulder bags to ones with handles, unless they are like my Hermes or my Speedy that can go in the crook of my arm.

Thank you for all of your advice!! :smile:

Last edited:
A galliera

DSCN2394-1-2.jpg

Hello ladies! I'm new here but will be in Miami in a couple of weeks and I would like to get a new LV bag. I have only been to the little stores inside Neiman's and Saks, so I'm a little exited about this experience and I feel like I should dress up or something, I'm so silly! :nuts: Currently I own a Speedy 25 and the monogram multicolor pochettes in black and white, and the one in brown, and another kind of shoulder bag that I don't know the name of but it's nothing recent, I don't think they still sell it, it's green and white, I think it's called a Tahitian.

I am really tempted to get a keepall but I don't know what size the biggest size is that will fit in overhead storage and I'd like it to be one of my main travel bags so it will be an essential. However, the extra $300 for a simple shoulder strap does give me pause in this economy. I'd really like to keep this purchase under $1100. Also, I prefer monogram canvas to any of the other kinds of material they offer, really. Although I do like the really shiny pretty stamped patent leather looking bags too.

Other than that, I'm open to any suggestions! Who should I talk to at Bal Harbour-- do any of you shop there? What bags should I look at? I do prefer shoulder bags to ones with handles, unless they are like my Hermes or my Speedy that can go in the crook of my arm.

Thank you for all of your advice!! :smile:

This is the store I go to when I shop...it's heavenly. The SA's are all super kind and helpful and you will have a wonderful experience! Have fun! I dress up when I go!:biggrin:

Oh, good! I was actually worried how they'd act. The SAs at Hermes are always very nice, Coach too; but you never really know. Ugh, I just wish I could figure out what to buy! Should I carry one of my bags when I go?

Oh, good! I was actually worried how they'd act. The SAs at Hermes are always very nice, Coach too; but you never really know. Ugh, I just wish I could figure out what to buy! Should I carry one of my bags when I go?

If you like you could take one of your bags...either way they will treat you very well. You will feel so relaxed. There are so many bags there you can try...what styles do you like? :biggrin:

To keep a travel type of bag under 1100... Hmmm

What about:

Damier Saleya PM... it has 2 handles and will carry a lot for a carry on... but it's more of carry on purse than a large speedy type.

Vernis Bellevue GM - large to carry on

But it really depends on what the Bal Harbour boutique has in stock. It's best to see a SA and tell them what you want and they can start pulling things out for you... Don't forget to mention the $1100 budget. You may be tempted to spend more!! Too easy to do! :biggrin:

Oooh, I just looked up the Saleya and I really like it! They don't offer it in monogram, do they?

As far as styles I like, I love the Galliera, I love my Speedy and my Tahitienne... I don't want anything overly complicated. I love the monogram style. I just wish I could find an LV bag that I could use for an overnight bag; I go on so many business trips. That's why I was considering the Keepall...?

ETA: The Bellevue is beautiful too! I love that blue colour but I have a pomme d'amour little zippy thing with a keychain clip that might look great with a red bag.... ohhhh decisions

Last edited:
Sounds lek a good time to me! How bout makin g alist of possible candidates before your go, then talk to an SA and try the ones you want - and in addition, let them make suggestions on what they think you *might* like based on the styles you already have on your list?

Should be a good time; can't wait to hear what you get!

The largest Keepall size for the overhead compartment should be the 50, or a not-so-full 55. You get so much usage out of these lovelies!

A Speedy 40 could also double as a travel bag! And look out for the Carryall!

though there is a LV not too far away I do a lot of phone orders w/ Bal Harbour & all of the SAs Ive dealt with have been super nice. Never been there but it must be a pretty large store because they always have what Im looking for.

I agree w/ r15324 that you could use a speedy 40 as both a bag & travel bag. enjoy yourself and whichever bag you choose.

though there is a LV not too far away I do a lot of phone orders w/ Bal Harbour & all of the SAs Ive dealt with have been super nice. Never been there but it must be a pretty large store because they always have what Im looking for.

I agree w/ r15324 that you could use a speedy 40 as both a bag & travel bag. enjoy yourself and whichever bag you choose.
My SA tells me Bal Harbour is one of the largest boutiques in the US. And the plaza itself is gorgeous, like a little mall surrounding a garden.

You all have me so much more excited now just talking about it!!! :smile: :love:

So a Speedy 40 could work as an overnight bag or a day bag? I just look at my 25 and think of how much I can cram in it and think maybe you all are right :smile: And what's this carryall you're talking about?

Neverfull is also an option I considered, I thought the MM size could work?