A limit on how many Birkins you can buy?

good life

clockwork orange
O.G.
Nov 1, 2010
Does anybody know the 411 on how many Birkins or Kellys you can buy per year? I'm interested in getting another one but an SA told me that since I bought one last July, I wasn't allowed to purchase another until after January. Is this true, or was she just being uppity? Off course there are ways around it if I have a friend buy it for me or use my husband or daughter's name...
If this is true, does Hermes make exceptions for celebs?
I heard K Kardash. and her mom went on an H spree and spent over $150k and got several Birkins and Kellys. My money is just as green as theirs. Has anyone also had this problem? What's the rule?

If you do not have a relationship with the store, most limit it to 1 Birkin/1 Kelly per year or per season.

For customers with good relationships with the store, eyes usually close :P

Bought a birkin off the shelf from SF June this year.
Will be in SF again next week, so called the SA and she said 1 birkin/year.
BUT if I see another Birkin on the shelf and I like, I can purchase that.
For Kelly, it is not an issue for me to get another one.

Bought a birkin off the shelf from SF June this year.
Will be in SF again next week, so called the SA and she said 1 birkin/year.
BUT if I see another Birkin on the shelf and I like, I can purchase that.
For Kelly, it is not an issue for me to get another one.

Sounds good....because I wasn't sure how they could really control the number you purchase if you simply went to another H (in another city, state, country) and saw one on the shelf.....good luck....

Sounds good....because I wasn't sure how they could really control the number you purchase if you simply went to another H (in another city, state, country) and saw one on the shelf.....good luck....

If you see it on the shelf, it really means it's for anyone to take.

The 1 Birkin / 1 Kelly a year policy is applicable for customers who have not and do not frequent their stores. H is not just about Birkins and Kellys, afterall.

For regular customers, it's not unusual to be offered more in a year.

There is a centralised customer database though. So the SAs can see your transaction history. If they see that you have had walked into another store to buy a Birkin from an inter-state store, your local SA may or may not offer you another so soon.

Officially, they say 1 birkin per year, but after 6 months you could purchase another one (applies only to B and K). Am I just a low to medium status customer only having purchased a Kelly, two 35 birkins and a constance bag, among 25 scarves and other accessories?
The way they control the # of purchases etc is they have all your info from when you bought other things. Supposedly what you bought in France or HK will appear on the computer in NY. But again, there are ways around it. A purchase could be put under my DH or daughter's name. I have been looking for a certain color birkin, which they've found in a bolide and that would have been okay to buy, but not what I want. BTW Florissa, was in H on Sunday (open Sundays just in December) and shelves were depleted. They haven't received a good shipment in a long time. Good luck though.

I suspect the intention of the 1 Birkin/Kelly a year is in part meant to keep resellers from ending up with a disproportionate number of their most coveted purses.

I think it makes perfect sense. As MrsS said, there's much more to Hermes than just Birkins and Kellys. Which, of course, are in somewhat limited supply. It is also true that Hermes keeps a data base of what each customer has purchases.

Thanks..good life....that is what I heard as well...but always keep an open mind...considering that I was lucky to score the classic gold with GHW in June. I cannot complain more.

For regular customers, it's not unusual to be offered more in a year.

There is a centralised customer database though. So the SAs can see your transaction history. If they see that you have had walked into another store to buy a Birkin from an inter-state store, your local SA may or may not offer you another so soon.

The centralized system is not so "centralized." When I was trying to exchange something for which I lost the receipt, my SA found me in the system several times -- formal name, nickname, home address, work address. I was surprised -- and worried -- until we found the purchase.

^ Yes, the system has customer data legacy issues from your description, lulilu. H should spend some time scrubbing its data then. I think if H is to send out Xmas gifts to all of its customers in the database, you're gonna be the lucky one to receive several. :graucho: