a lifetime of...

Probably a croc Kelly/Birkin....as breathtaking as they are, I prefer the plain ordinary Hermes for my lifestyle:P but I love seeing the crocodile on others.

A white Kelly, or one in very very light color. I am pretty careful with my bags but inevitably something would probably happen, and I would worry about stains, etc., that might be permanent. I have the same problem with upholstered furniture, so I know this is likely to be the same issue with bags.

I think I would regret buying one more bag in the brown color family. Even though the ones I own are all different styles and color etc. I don't think that I would use one more as much as it deserves.

this is interesting. i love reading the different responses, and i think it gives really good insight for people contemplating new or first purchases, as well as helping some of us be self-aware when temptation is pounding on the door.

oh, i should add that i found neeya's response interesting because it was such a basic that she is avoiding (for now). that's cool.
and the points about "another" x in a favored color. very very helpful!

agree with the girls that have white bag phobia! the one white bag i own, i'm ridiculously paranoid about...i can only imagine if it was a kelly or birkin! as it is, my DH laughs at me for constantly checking it for marks! LOL.....

A kelly in a textured leather...as much as I'm trying to convince myself that I will have a heart attack when I see the first blisters/scratches on a boxcalf kelly, I just don't think I'd be happy with anything other than a black box as my first kelly.