A lesson in colour!

I tried to work out what colours suit me by doing colour anaylsis on myself (ie am I a cool or a clear or a warrm or a soft) but I never get very far as I don't know the answers to the questions!). I have mid brown hair, blue-grey eyes and am pale with pinkish cheeks! Anyone able to help me?

It doesnt matter how many lovely clothes I buy, i NEVER know what should go with what in terms of colour! Can anyone tell me their favourite colour combinations or teach me something (Anything!) about colour matching?!:smile:
Hi there.. I think one of the most important things to bear in mind is not to match colors per se but to match tones. You can wear pretty much any color but I feel you have to tie it together via tones, like brown and grey and beige are three different colors but all have similar tones.. if you wanted to inject a pop of color whether that's wearing a necklace, scarf or bag, then that will "lift" your outfit! just my two cents!!

I love, love LOVE navy. Most of the time, one item I'm wearing (top or bottom) is a solid navy blue. The colors I like to match to navy are:
- chambray (i've worn a chambray pant and navy pants 3x this week already...lol)
- light pink (or any other pastel, really)
- whites and creams
- fuschia printed pattern (i.e. gingham, stripes)

Another color I wear a lot is cream/beige/khaki. I usually pair cream colored things with:
- black
- dark colored denim (possibly one of my favorite combos - a silk cream top and skinny jeans)
- bright red
- bright kelly green

White obviously matches almost anything but I'm living white combined these colors:
-mint
-light yellow (white tee and light lemoney yellow skinnies)
-jade green

Bloggers Atlantic Pacific and Brooklyn Blonde do a great job of color matching. In fact Brooklyn Blonde did a whole poston her favorite color combo, camel and red.