A L.A.M.B. Holy Grail Story

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
I searched high & low for about a year and a half for a Camel Checkerboard bag. Several styles popped up in that time that I considered but passed on because I knew I had to hold out for a Mandeville or Alston.

Then one day, a CCB Alston finally showed up!:faint: I was convinced I wouldn't be able to get it because as many of you know, my dog Daphne had a possibly cancerous growth on her paw and I ended up having unexpected vet bills.

But thankfully, Daphne's first re-check after removing the growth and nail was a good one. She may still have to have her toe removed but she's acting much, much better so I'm feeling more optimistic about her situation now.

Several bag sales later & talking the seller into a lower BIN price, I decided to go for it! :nuts: And here she is....in all her holy grail glory....CAMEL CHECKERBOARD ALSTON!!

Pics to follow....

:yahoo:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4127.JPG
    IMG_4127.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 454
The bag is in near-perfect condition.:tup: It looks like it was only used 1 or 2 times max. I'm still not convinced the Alston is the style for me because of its size, but considering how LONG it took me to find a CCB bag, I'm going to make it work! I still hope & pray to find a CCB Mandeville someday....:girlsigh:

Couple more pics....

I also have to thank SEVERAL Lambies who promptly emailed or PM'd me to let me know about the bag.:hugs:

I also have to give a special shout-out to DianaPrince12 (Rahnon) & Heathie for helping me think out the purchase. :heart::heart: I was so hesitant considering what I was going through with Daphne but now I'm glad I did it....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4121.JPG
    IMG_4121.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_4125.JPG
    IMG_4125.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 451
Ha, ha, thanks Heathie!! :angel:

The seller agreed to a $250 BIN. She originally wanted $400 BIN for it. It's still higher than what I normally would have paid but the bag is in such great condition and I used E*Bates to get a little bit back so I'm happy with it. Returning Grey Audrey & selling quite a bit helped a lot too. Thankfully I still have an amount I set off to the side in case Daphne ends up needing surgery. :smile:

The bag is in near-perfect condition.:tup: It looks like it was only used 1 or 2 times max. I'm still not convinced the Alston is the style for me because of its size, but considering how LONG it took me to find a CCB bag, I'm going to make it work! I still hope & pray to find a CCB Mandeville someday....:girlsigh:

1. :nuts:
2. :yahoo:
3. :woohoo:
4. :drool: Cheryl this bag is BEAUTIFUL!!! in EXCELLENT condition...it really looks like its NEW. GREAT SCORE!!!!!

Buddy TRUST me you can pull this bag off. You are taller than myself and I know my Saddle Alston doesnt OVER Power my small frame...maybe its in the Attitude...there is NO WAY this bag is NOT a STUNNER on you!!!

Enjoy her....
How EXCITING you finally got Camel Checkerboard

^See, now the rest of you know why I had to thank Rahnon!! She's my #1 Cheerleader! :ghi5:

You are the BEST! You sure know how to make a girl feel good.

I will do my best to make the Alston work for me. :yes:

AWWWW YAY!!!!! :yahoo: I am SO HAPPY you got it!!! you totally deserve it...and i think it is a BEAUTIFUL bag...perfect for you! :smile:...btw the good news about the alston is it has inside slip pockets...i HATE that the mandeville and the capri don't have inside slip pockets...it drives me NUTS! so at least this one has those. :smile:

AWWWW YAY!!!!! :yahoo: I am SO HAPPY you got it!!! you totally deserve it...and i think it is a BEAUTIFUL bag...perfect for you! :smile:...btw the good news about the alston is it has inside slip pockets...i HATE that the mandeville and the capri don't have inside slip pockets...it drives me NUTS! so at least this one has those. :smile:

Thank you so much Jennifer!!

I didn't know about the slip pockets. I'm going to go look inside the bag right now. :nuts: I appreciate your help in getting this bag as well. :heart: