A Journey of Love ~ 05 Work from white to black

Hello! I did have to keep them up for a while when the dye dried and to make sure the color was even over the whole bag. I cut cotton swabs and used them to prop up the buckle from the bag (I found the larger and rounder opening of the swab was perfect and would not leave a mark vs. a toothpick or such, I did not use the cotton end) then used a blow-dryer till it was dry to the touch and just left to dry overnight. There is likely more updated info on dying but that was my experience. Best of luck and I can't wait to see your results:flowers:!!

Thank you so much for your reply. I will give it a try although some ladies had problems of chipping as they say. However the manufacturer says there is no chipping. Anyway, I will have to do it since the bag is always in the closet. I will give it a chance.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will give it a try although some ladies had problems of chipping as they say. However the manufacturer says there is no chipping. Anyway, I will have to do it since the bag is always in the closet. I will give it a chance.

The trick is to make sure the original color is stripped away as much as possible. The leather has to be as "naked" as can be to properly absorb the color and if the coats are applied too thick the color will flake. Very light and even coats are the trick and it takes time. Keep us posted on how it goes:smile:

The trick is to make sure the original color is stripped away as much as possible. The leather has to be as "naked" as can be to properly absorb the color and if the coats are applied too thick the color will flake. Very light and even coats are the trick and it takes time. Keep us posted on how it goes:smile:
I will. I also watched a video on YouTube and the lady used Fiebings as the first coat as it penetrates the leather and they Tarrago Self Shine Dye. But I don't know if the two blue colors will match. Fiebings closest color is Light Blue which is not that light and Tarrago is Daphne which is an electric blue color. What do you think.

I will. I also watched a video on YouTube and the lady used Fiebings as the first coat as it penetrates the leather and they Tarrago Self Shine Dye. But I don't know if the two blue colors will match. Fiebings closest color is Light Blue which is not that light and Tarrago is Daphne which is an electric blue color. What do you think.

I would not mix brands but only because I would worry about the products not working together over time or not matching (however I've read a base coat of white can make the new color "truer"). I have used products from both companies and like them both. I think the electric blue would be gorgeous and it would also be rich enough to cover any issues with the bag. Darker shades seem to do best but really it is whatever you like most. I think no matter what you can't go wrong once you have decided to take the plunge.