A Holy Grail to Ring in the New Year :)

Jun 9, 2011
SO here we go…I appreciate you sharing in my experience and happiness, especially since I know hundreds of these particular bags have been revealed before.

To start: Ladies and gents, you are right. Chanel is an ADDICTION. An expensive, beautiful, dangerous addiction. I bought a beautiful dark gray half-moon woc in August, if you recall, and ever since then, I’ve been saving, selling more bags (some lovely ones, too) and wanting a bigger, every day Chanel bag. It wasn’t actually all that hard to sell the bags I liked from my collection, because I had my eye on a beautiful prize. :smile: Anyway, last night, I made my wish come true – just in time for the New Year!

This bag arrives after a rather tough year for me…and I won’t get into details, because I know we all have our stories and our troubles. But let’s just say, I’m extremely excited to end this rough year on a happy note (and admittedly more than a bit guilty for spending so much on a materialistic item). My husband fondly says I’m a walking contradiction – one big part of me is a peace-loving, minimalistic hippie, another part of me is an indie-rock fan covered in tattoos (really!), and then another, psycho part of me is a materialistic designer bag whore!! Lol. I’ll wear clothes proudly from Old Navy – love ‘em – but I need a gorgeous bag. Shoes? I think I have four pairs total. I own one pair – ONE pair! –of jeans. But my bags? My bags…….sigh. I need a separate closet for them. :P

Anyway, I set my sights on this Chanel beauty because I could (kind of) stomach the price. (I remember when spending $300 on a bag turned my stomach – wow, I’m a far cry from that point! Eek.) Plus, it was large enough for all of my everyday things. The style is perfect for my lifestyle…

I bought the Petite Shopping Tote from Neiman Marcus last night in black caviar with gold hardware. Classic, beautiful, rich looking, and will last me hopefully forever. I had a really fun chat with my SA, who was impressed with how much I knew about bags and their history (which I thanked him about, because I consider that a compliment!)…I knew I wanted black…I wasn’t really concerned about the hardware – I wear both gold and silver jewelry, and if I love a bag, I really don’t care what color the hardware is, as long as it’s gorgeous. And this…THIS is gorgeous. Now that I have the gold hw, I must admit, it really IS rich looking with the black caviar.

I’m already in love with it and could hardly sleep last night…(my pics are below). I’m really psyched, because I know the PST was discontinued and then recently brought back, but my SA said they’re still a bit hard to find, and he only had one new one left in the back. Anyway – the caviar is lovely and jet black and puffy. It was made in Italy. I’m Italian American, so that works for me, baby. :cool: Italians make gorgeous leather. Lol.

My husband was very happy for me, and I love him for that, because I know it’s hard for him to understand how I can spend this much on a bag. He rocks. He’s my best friend, and I love how he listens to me wax on about bag designer information. He’s a doll. :smile:

So…it’s not an expensive flap, it’s not a beautiful boy, it’s just a simple, petite tote. But it’s mine, and I truly love it. $2200 plus tax, before yet another dreaded price increase (whenever that will be!!)...

Any suggestions on care/maintenance for caviar leather? I plan to use this every day, but when I store it, I plan to store it with its original stuffing, in its dustbag and box, standing upright – does that sound okay? Any advice?

I’ll end this story now – it’s turned into a novel. I’m a high school English teacher – forgive me – I tend to be wordy. But if you’ve read all of this, thank you. I love reading your stories and seeing your beautiful reveals, and I love being part of the Chanel club. :nuts::yahoo:

Happy New Year! :party:

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,609
  • dustbag.jpg
    dustbag.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,616
  • full view of bag on box.jpg
    full view of bag on box.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,617
  • back of bag.jpg
    back of bag.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,616
  • close up of logo on front.jpg
    close up of logo on front.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • stuff inside bag.jpg
    stuff inside bag.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,620
  • close up of caviar in car.jpg
    close up of caviar in car.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • shot on passenger car seat.jpg
    shot on passenger car seat.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,605
SO here we go…I appreciate you sharing in my experience and happiness, especially since I know hundreds of these particular bags have been revealed before.

To start: Ladies and gents, you are right. Chanel is an ADDICTION. An expensive, beautiful, dangerous addiction. I bought a beautiful dark gray half-moon woc in August, if you recall, and ever since then, I’ve been saving, selling more bags (some lovely ones, too) and wanting a bigger, every day Chanel bag. It wasn’t actually all that hard to sell the bags I liked from my collection, because I had my eye on a beautiful prize. :smile: Anyway, last night, I made my wish come true – just in time for the New Year!

This bag arrives after a rather tough year for me…and I won’t get into details, because I know we all have our stories and our troubles. But let’s just say, I’m extremely excited to end this rough year on a happy note (and admittedly more than a bit guilty for spending so much on a materialistic item). My husband fondly says I’m a walking contradiction – one big part of me is a peace-loving, minimalistic hippie, another part of me is an indie-rock fan covered in tattoos (really!), and then another, psycho part of me is a materialistic designer bag whore!! Lol. I’ll wear clothes proudly from Old Navy – love ‘em – but I need a gorgeous bag. Shoes? I think I have four pairs total. I own one pair – ONE pair! –of jeans. But my bags? My bags…….sigh. I need a separate closet for them. :P

Anyway, I set my sights on this Chanel beauty because I could (kind of) stomach the price. (I remember when spending $300 on a bag turned my stomach – wow, I’m a far cry from that point! Eek.) Plus, it was large enough for all of my everyday things. The style is perfect for my lifestyle…

I bought the Petite Shopping Tote from Neiman Marcus last night in black caviar with gold hardware. Classic, beautiful, rich looking, and will last me hopefully forever. I had a really fun chat with my SA, who was impressed with how much I knew about bags and their history (which I thanked him about, because I consider that a compliment!)…I knew I wanted black…I wasn’t really concerned about the hardware – I wear both gold and silver jewelry, and if I love a bag, I really don’t care what color the hardware is, as long as it’s gorgeous. And this…THIS is gorgeous. Now that I have the gold hw, I must admit, it really IS rich looking with the black caviar.

I’m already in love with it and could hardly sleep last night…(my pics are below). I’m really psyched, because I know the PST was discontinued and then recently brought back, but my SA said they’re still a bit hard to find, and he only had one new one left in the back. Anyway – the caviar is lovely and jet black and puffy. It was made in Italy. I’m Italian American, so that works for me, baby. :cool: Italians make gorgeous leather. Lol.

My husband was very happy for me, and I love him for that, because I know it’s hard for him to understand how I can spend this much on a bag. He rocks. He’s my best friend, and I love how he listens to me wax on about bag designer information. He’s a doll. :smile:

So…it’s not an expensive flap, it’s not a beautiful boy, it’s just a simple, petite tote. But it’s mine, and I truly love it. $2200 plus tax, before yet another dreaded price increase (whenever that will be!!)...

Any suggestions on care/maintenance for caviar leather? I plan to use this every day, but when I store it, I plan to store it with its original stuffing, in its dustbag and box, standing upright – does that sound okay? Any advice?

I’ll end this story now – it’s turned into a novel. I’m a high school English teacher – forgive me – I tend to be wordy. But if you’ve read all of this, thank you. I love reading your stories and seeing your beautiful reveals, and I love being part of the Chanel club. :nuts::yahoo:

Happy New Year! :party:

Thanks for spending the time to share your story . I enjoyed reading the whole thing. This is such a gorgeous everyday bag and well worth the price. Good choice! You don't have to do anything to caviar leather bag but just enjoy it. Only clean it with fragrance free baby wipes if you get it dirty (per my SA). I know what you mean about Chanel addiction. I received my first Chanel, which was my most expensive bag, this spring/early summer. Now I have 5. I like Chanel shopping totes but find the GST to be to big on me. I bought the PTT preloved instead. I think the PST is also a nice size, especially if you're on the shorter side. Congrats and enjoy your bag!

We are bag twins! I completely swoon every time I wear mine out. Mine will be 2 years old in February and she still looks brand new. My PST is my most worn handbag. Day to day and I also travel with her too. (just returned a few weeks ago from a 12 day trip abroad, I love traveling with her!)

I am not sure how others store their PST's, but when not in use, I have always kept her stuffed with tissue, in her dustbag and on her back. The quilting on her back is still puffy to this day. When I first got her I saw several pictures of PSTs that kind of had what I would call 'slouch wear'. The sides kind of indented towards the bottom half, so I tried storing her on her back and it has really worked out for me. She is still as structured as when she was brand new.

I have not treated my Caviar leather with any products. I have crazy love for this strong and beautiful leather!

Enjoy you beauty, and thanks for being a teacher! :hugs:

Congratulations! I can imagine your excitement! It's a beautiful bag, and I'm sure you'll love it for many years to come! Glad you had a positive buying experience, too. Thanks for sharing your story! And happy new year!

Congrats! I really enjoyed reading your story and glad to share your joy in owning this PST. The bag is absolutely lovely!

Caring for caviar is easy. I use Cadillac leather lotion once in a while to keep the caviar shine.
I stored the bag resting on its side (with the handles kept inside the bag) to prevent from sagging. It still looks new as the day I got it. I use it frequently, but I do rotate with other bags I have.

Wear this gorgeous PST in good health and Happy New Year to you!

Congrats! Love reading your post. The PST is my very 1st Chanel bag and I have many find memories too... Of the excitement, going to the boutique, finally getting hold of her and holding her close to my heart. To this day, the PST is my "Go To" tote bag. Being petite, plus the fact I dislike carrying tons of stuffs, the PST suits my daily needs perfectly.

Enjoy your latest addition and I'm sure you'll find loads of joy and contentment carrying her about town. Chanel is an expensive addiction, but all fashionistas need some precious bags in their collection. ;)

I loved reading your story!! Congratulations on your gorgeous PST! No special care required for caviar leather as it is very resilient. Once, I did use meltonian lotion on a caviar bag to remove a pen mark; it worked beautifully and made the caviar leather even more shiny and luxurious! Wear your new beauty in the best of health! Best wishes!