A hard lesson learned, please take this advice

You know what? I get the exact same reaction when I was volunteering for an organization that educated on not leaving a child alone in or around vehicles.

I saw a lady leave her 3 children ALONE in her car on a day that was over 100 degrees outside. Not even a week later, she did it again, and I was there for that, too. I called the cops and she did nothing but yell and scream at me the whole time I was there.

It is so hard when all you are doing is trying to protect those that have no voice. And in both cases, it was just a matter of convienence for the parents.

Good luck to you! You are very special for having the heart to stand up in your situation! GOD BLESS YOU!!

What's really sad is that if the baby had died the people probably would have sued even though it was their idiocy that caused that to happen.

I was always scared of riding escalators when I was a kid. To this day I still don't really like them. I recently had to go down one with a rolling bag and it terrified me. I was with a videographer who had to do the same and he went first and was laughing because I was so scared to do it. Then when I was almost to the bottom the heel of my shoe got stuck in the cracks. I was getting so freaked and luckily was able to simply pull my foot out of the shoe and jump off and wasn't hurt but I sure screamed! And I was really happy my shoe (a Manolo) made it through okay too.

Like I said, escalators freak me out.

The truly awful thing is, if that baby had been hurt--which thank God it wasn't!!--the parents would probably have sued the store, and possibly won.

oops--someone all ready posted this thought.

The truly awful thing is, if that baby had been hurt--which thank God it wasn't!!--the parents would probably have sued the store, and possibly won.

oops--someone all ready posted this thought.

They wouldn't have won, no judge in his or her right mind would let the parents win. They were stupid, and there are signs on every single escalator in this country that state NO STROLLERS in a VERY VISIBLE area. The parents wouldn't have enough leverage to win a lawsuit.

I saw a lady leave her 3 children ALONE in her car on a day that was over 100 degrees outside.

omg it just reminded me of a horrific story of a young mother who left her toddler and infant in a car with an inch wide window crack. She went to the hairdresser for 3 HOURS and when she came back, they were dead. She made up some story about how the children had been abducted and killed. We found out the little boy had tried to unbuckle his infant sister and tried unsuccessfully to get her out. They found his fingerprints and saliva where he was gasping for air at the window ledge. He was too young to open the door by himself. The medical people said b/c of the heat in the car, their organs started to shut down after 20 minutes.... utterly horrifying.

I have to add, even if parents take their babies out of the stroller to go up the escalator, please take care not to lean too close to the handrails or the rails at the malls. Some babies are incredibly strong and wriggly. My son was like that as an infant, he would literally fling himself out of my arms on escalators, stairwells, etc, I really held on to him snugly.

omg it just reminded me of a horrific story of a young mother who left her toddler and infant in a car with an inch wide window crack. She went to the hairdresser for 3 HOURS and when she came back, they were dead. She made up some story about how the children had been abducted and killed. We found out the little boy had tried to unbuckle his infant sister and tried unsuccessfully to get her out. They found his fingerprints and saliva where he was gasping for air at the window ledge. He was too young to open the door by himself. The medical people said b/c of the heat in the car, their organs started to shut down after 20 minutes.... utterly horrifying.

That is so incredibly sad. The idiocy of some people... how selfish!