A Happy and Sad Birthday Reveal

So DH took the day off yesterday. We went to the nursery and bought a plant.
We buried him in the backyard between our two pear trees. This is his favorite place to lie down and take naps because the pear trees provide a lot of shade. Above the spot, we planted the tree we bought as a memorial to him. It’s a Camellia Tree. It is an evergreen so it will always have its leaves—even during winter when everything else is bare. The tree is to protect him and watch over him. It is the first to flower every Spring with its pretty pink blossoms that coincidentally look like Rose Pourpre.
It is called Camellia April Kiss. Our last kiss to him. :sad: :sad: :sad:

View attachment 4139387
(Picture from google) Our tree doesn’t have blooms yet but will flower next Spring.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Of course no amount of H or diamonds can make up for the death of a loved one, your sadness and grief is absolutely normal in the circumstances, you must also be in a state of shock at the suddenness of such a change in your lives.

It was the loveliest thing to rest him under a 'RP' colour camellia plant. The colour will surely take on an even deeper meaning for you, wear them in good health and cherish happy times past and also those that are still to come.

:hugs:

I’m normally quite a private person and never intended to share so much about myself and my life. But I’m glad it happened. This has been cathartic.

Thank you for letting me share my joy and my sadness. You’ve all been so kind.

TPF has always helped me, from doing research to obsessively reading everything about purses to just browsing the reveals. Now the “T” in TPF stands for therapy too.

So to end this reveal with the promised mod pic. And since I’m such a sobbing mess, I’m going to go to bed. I will try my best to respond to replies tomorrow.

Hugs and goodnight. :heart:

View attachment 4139419

My two puppies in stuffed animal form:
View attachment 4139420
It’s was a pleasure reading your story the happiness you feel upon all your reveal and true sadnesses with the lost of your dear fur family! Sending you love, prayers and a Happy Birthday!!

Reactions: Addicted to bags
Thank you everyone so much for your kind kind words! I’m so touched by your friendship and support! :hugs:

Last night I couldn’t sleep until 5 am. Then we woke up early because of kids and weekends. If you’re a parent, you know how that is! :smile:

Right now, busy running errands to prepare for my daughter’s birthday. Yes, Cocoa Bean passed away on a day sandwiched between my birthday and my daughter’s! Such is life. Sigh.

As a family, we’re putting on a brave face for her so that her birthday won’t be too overshadowed by the death of our beloved pup. Mac, our other puppy keeps circling the Camellia tree whenever he goes out to the backyard. I worry about how he’s taking this. He seems to have less energy than his usual self (he’s a Pekepoo—half Poodle, half Pekingese) and he whimpers at night without Cocoa Bean but he refuses to come upstairs with us. We’ll take him to the vet just for a checkup to make sure she thinks he’s doing okay as well.

Here’s a pic of Tulip (I name my purses sometimes) on her first outing. This is her true color in sunlight. No filter.

DB601DD0-A7A3-460F-AA63-6D61A87F4D73.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats ! Would you take some mod shots, please ?
PS : Happy birthday.

Thank you! :heart:

I will add more pics of this cashmere shawl so you can see more of the design. It is so pretty! Kind of gives me the Age of Chivalry and Camelot vibes.

Such amazing pieces! Happy birthday!

Congrats! Very very pretty bag!!

Thank you! :heart: I love them both so much!

All happiness and love here for you! :wave: Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing! If it's any comfort, I buy my own gifts from DH because he's just bad at it (his words...I always give him an A+ for effort) unless I give him the exact specs/ref# w/ pictures. For instance, first ever jewelry gift he gave me was a mini rose brooch/pin dipped in "gold" on a hangtag like from Walgreens or CVS. :wtf:
Gorgeous!!! :loveeyes:
Who can say no to twillys! @MotoChiq and I are having "Twillys Don't Count!" tattooed on our persons. You in? Anyone else? ;)

Thank you sweetie! :heart:
Your DH sounds like my DH! He doesn’t really “get” Hermès. Just like with lobster (he’s not really into seafood but I am), I tell him, “That’s okay, more for me!” :amuse:

And yes! I will get that tattoo! Maybe right next to one that says, “Hermès sucker”! We can even do a Sisterhood of the Traveling Twillies too!

Okay, let’s stare at the pretty shawl some more:

303EF2D9-CAB2-4157-B30C-09ECAC06797A.jpeg 5B2241D5-1D4A-4F20-B7A9-1D1EDF9D920D.jpeg 5CB15617-0E19-4920-9B97-3795F211DF66.jpeg

Congrats on your new GP and 140. Love RP :smile:

:angel::angel::angel:

I like the comparison :smile:

Thanks! :heart:
I think that’s going to be their names from now on too. Tulip and Rosie!

That's usually when I have to ask "What did you do? Or didn't do?" :lol::lol:

Seriously, right? I was suspicious but distracted otherwise I probably would have followed him! Hehe

So glad I peeked back into this thread! The Garden Party is fantastic and I’m anxiously awaiting the rest.

Glad you were here to share my story. I really appreciate that. :flowers:

Wowwowwow! What a heartwarming story and thoughtful gift! Thank you for sharing.

I’ll let him know that he’s getting compliments on the necklace selection. :smile:

I liked your reveal and all you showed us and you are a saint for not opening the GP box until your birthday.
All the best and enjoy.

It took a lot of restraint but I kept repeating to myself that it would be more special on my birthday to wait until then. And to be honest, the RP B30 kept me busy in the meantime for sure! :P

What a special gift and so much symbolism! Your hubby is definitely a special guy! What a treasure! I would never take it off, either. Beautiful story! :heart:

Thanks! :heart:
It’s something I will always remember.

I’m so sorry to hear about your puppy. Big hugs to you.

I need all the hugs I can get!:hugs:

So he took it out and put it around my neck! Just like in the movies! It was a surreal moment. I was so touched!

Hubby did a good job! I don’t normally buy heart jewelry for myself but it is so sweet that he got it for me! I mean I love hearts so it makes sense that I would love it!

And he said he has always wanted me to have a heart pendant so I will always have his heart with me. He said he has been looking for the perfect one for all these years and only recently found this. He said he just fell in love with it because the three bigger diamonds in the middle reminds him of our three kids. The inner line of diamonds symbolizes me and the outer line of diamonds symbolizes him protecting all of us. Oh my goodness!

He laughed and said that the thing that cinched the deal was the “Hidden Mickey”! Do you see it?

We go to Disneyland a lot because I practically grew up there (as a child, my family would go 3-5 times a year because it was my grandfather’s favorite place in the world). I had my first date with a boy there and my first kiss on the Peter Pan ride. Then as a teenager, my friends and I all got jobs there. My high school even had Grad Night there! When we were first married, DH and I would meet up after work there for a few hours just to walk around and enjoy the park. I found out I was pregnant with my son on the Mad Hatter Teacups Ride (after it stopped spinning, I was so nauseous that I wanted to vomit so I immediately knew that I must be pregnant! When we got home, I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive)!

So that place is full of memories. And of course all the “Hidden Mickeys”! The shape with the bigger circle and the smaller circles above to represent The outline of Mickey’s head that is everywhere throughout Disneyland.

Anyway, sorry for the long Disney aside there. Hehe.

I started tearing up. I told him I don’t want to ever take it off, because how can I when he says things like that?!

Then of course, I took it off to take these pictures! Lol. But it’s okay, I put it back on.

View attachment 4139377
View attachment 4139378
What an incredibly romantic story! Thank you for sharing it! :hbeat: :hbeat: :hbeat:

So DH took the day off yesterday. We went to the nursery and bought a plant.
We buried him in the backyard between our two pear trees. This is his favorite place to lie down and take naps because the pear trees provide a lot of shade. Above the spot, we planted the tree we bought as a memorial to him. It’s a Camellia Tree. It is an evergreen so it will always have its leaves—even during winter when everything else is bare. The tree is to protect him and watch over him. It is the first to flower every Spring with its pretty pink blossoms that coincidentally look like Rose Pourpre.
It is called Camellia April Kiss. Our last kiss to him. :sad: :sad: :sad:

View attachment 4139387
(Picture from google) Our tree doesn’t have blooms yet but will flower next Spring.
From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. I'm so very sorry about Cocoa Bean.

Reactions: Addicted to bags
Wow!
I think it's been expressed by all the H lovers already, but I wanted to add my hugs and condolences, and say Happy Birthday to you and your daughter. RIP sweet Cocoa Bean!

Last edited:
So he took it out and put it around my neck! Just like in the movies! It was a surreal moment. I was so touched!

Hubby did a good job! I don’t normally buy heart jewelry for myself but it is so sweet that he got it for me! I mean I love hearts so it makes sense that I would love it!

And he said he has always wanted me to have a heart pendant so I will always have his heart with me. He said he has been looking for the perfect one for all these years and only recently found this. He said he just fell in love with it because the three bigger diamonds in the middle reminds him of our three kids. The inner line of diamonds symbolizes me and the outer line of diamonds symbolizes him protecting all of us. Oh my goodness!

He laughed and said that the thing that cinched the deal was the “Hidden Mickey”! Do you see it?

We go to Disneyland a lot because I practically grew up there (as a child, my family would go 3-5 times a year because it was my grandfather’s favorite place in the world). I had my first date with a boy there and my first kiss on the Peter Pan ride. Then as a teenager, my friends and I all got jobs there. My high school even had Grad Night there! When we were first married, DH and I would meet up after work there for a few hours just to walk around and enjoy the park. I found out I was pregnant with my son on the Mad Hatter Teacups Ride (after it stopped spinning, I was so nauseous that I wanted to vomit so I immediately knew that I must be pregnant! When we got home, I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive)!

So that place is full of memories. And of course all the “Hidden Mickeys”! The shape with the bigger circle and the smaller circles above to represent The outline of Mickey’s head that is everywhere throughout Disneyland.

Anyway, sorry for the long Disney aside there. Hehe.

I started tearing up. I told him I don’t want to ever take it off, because how can I when he says things like that?!

Then of course, I took it off to take these pictures! Lol. But it’s okay, I put it back on.

View attachment 4139377
View attachment 4139378
Your bags are really beautiful and I like your artistic descriptions (cherries over the swimming pool). This heart pendant is also so thoughtful!

It turns out, Cocoa Bean died in his sleep the night before.

I’m starting to cry again as I write this. :sad:

Hubby ran upstairs to tell me and we all freaked out. We were in shock!

But he was fine the day before!!! He played with us and our other puppy like he normally does!

His area was clean! He didn’t vomit so it can’t be due to something poisonous that he got into. There was no blood anywhere so nothing bit him or murdered him or anything awful like that!

He just looked like he was asleep!
I’m very sorry about your Cocoa Bean.

Remember how I said I got bitten by the Rose Pourpre bug?

Well, normally, I don’t like to double up on the same color family, let alone the same color but Rose Pourpre is just too amazing! So when my SA told me earlier this year that she had this bag, I took it too! I promised hubby that I wouldn’t open it until my birthday and surprisingly, I managed to delay satisfaction and successfully waited!

So after some long agonizing months, this is my first Garden Party! I told DH that I can use her when I want to be more low key and not use her big sis, the B30.

Here is my Rose Pourpre leather Garden Party 30. She is so simple and sweet!

I tell DH that the difference between the two is like the beauty of a pink Rose versus a the beauty of a pink Tulip. Both are gorgeous in their own way. He just nodded and dozed off like he normally does when I babble on and on about H bags. :lol:

View attachment 4139367
:heart::heart::heart::heart: That GP!

Beautiful tribute to Cocoa Bean.

Last edited: