A Happy and Sad Birthday Reveal

So DH took the day off yesterday. We went to the nursery and bought a plant.
We buried him in the backyard between our two pear trees. This is his favorite place to lie down and take naps because the pear trees provide a lot of shade. Above the spot, we planted the tree we bought as a memorial to him. It’s a Camellia Tree. It is an evergreen so it will always have its leaves—even during winter when everything else is bare. The tree is to protect him and watch over him. It is the first to flower every Spring with its pretty pink blossoms that coincidentally look like Rose Pourpre.
It is called Camellia April Kiss. Our last kiss to him. :sad: :sad: :sad:

View attachment 4139387
(Picture from google) Our tree doesn’t have blooms yet but will flower next Spring.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Of course no amount of H or diamonds can make up for the death of a loved one, your sadness and grief is absolutely normal in the circumstances, you must also be in a state of shock at the suddenness of such a change in your lives.

It was the loveliest thing to rest him under a 'RP' colour camellia plant. The colour will surely take on an even deeper meaning for you, wear them in good health and cherish happy times past and also those that are still to come.

:hugs:

There could be no words to provide you comfort at this time. Hugs! Coco Bean was loved, and he lived until his very last moment knowing he was loved. He also loved you and your family very much and i’m sure he’s watching over you at this time. Please take time and look after yourself. The pain will eventually subside.

So he took it out and put it around my neck! Just like in the movies! It was a surreal moment. I was so touched!

Hubby did a good job! I don’t normally buy heart jewelry for myself but it is so sweet that he got it for me! I mean I love hearts so it makes sense that I would love it!

And he said he has always wanted me to have a heart pendant so I will always have his heart with me. He said he has been looking for the perfect one for all these years and only recently found this. He said he just fell in love with it because the three bigger diamonds in the middle reminds him of our three kids. The inner line of diamonds symbolizes me and the outer line of diamonds symbolizes him protecting all of us. Oh my goodness!

He laughed and said that the thing that cinched the deal was the “Hidden Mickey”! Do you see it?

We go to Disneyland a lot because I practically grew up there (as a child, my family would go 3-5 times a year because it was my grandfather’s favorite place in the world). I had my first date with a boy there and my first kiss on the Peter Pan ride. Then as a teenager, my friends and I all got jobs there. My high school even had Grad Night there! When we were first married, DH and I would meet up after work there for a few hours just to walk around and enjoy the park. I found out I was pregnant with my son on the Mad Hatter Teacups Ride (after it stopped spinning, I was so nauseous that I wanted to vomit so I immediately knew that I must be pregnant! When we got home, I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive)!

So that place is full of memories. And of course all the “Hidden Mickeys”! The shape with the bigger circle and the smaller circles above to represent The outline of Mickey’s head that is everywhere throughout Disneyland.

Anyway, sorry for the long Disney aside there. Hehe.

I started tearing up. I told him I don’t want to ever take it off, because how can I when he says things like that?!

Then of course, I took it off to take these pictures! Lol. But it’s okay, I put it back on.

View attachment 4139377
View attachment 4139378
So exciting and so beautiful! Congrats and happy birthday!

I’m normally quite a private person and never intended to share so much about myself and my life. But I’m glad it happened. This has been cathartic.

Thank you for letting me share my joy and my sadness. You’ve all been so kind.

TPF has always helped me, from doing research to obsessively reading everything about purses to just browsing the reveals. Now the “T” in TPF stands for therapy too.

So to end this reveal with the promised mod pic. And since I’m such a sobbing mess, I’m going to go to bed. I will try my best to respond to replies tomorrow.

Hugs and goodnight. :heart:

View attachment 4139419

My two puppies in stuffed animal form:
View attachment 4139420
So sorry for your loss, hugs, hugs.

Happy Birthday, your gifts are truly beautiful and the pendant very special because of what it symbolizes. Most of all I am so very sorry about your pup. Losing a beloved pup is devastating and one so young. I had a lab that lived till 14. Now I have two little guys that just turned 7 I feel like everyday I hear a story of a little one who passed suddenly. It’s so sad and makes me worry so much. I like to say that they are forever in our hearts in their own special spot and sometimes that spot hurts with loss but one day it will be warm with happy memories of Cocoa Bean and how much love and happiness he gave you.

Many hugs to you, SugarHazard! I started tearing up when I read about the necklace and just couldn't hold my tears back when I read about your sweet pup. I am so sorry for your loss and hope every time you see the camelia tree you can see your boy with all the sweet memories of him.

So sorry for your loss...I can’t even imagine waking up to find this! So glad you have your family (and brother puppy) surrounding you. It sounds like your memorial was lovely! Thank you for sharing with all of us!!

It feels like I’m giving him a proper goodbye. He was an awesome puppy. We didn’t deserve him. I take comfort in the fact that he died peacefully in his sleep. I just hope he knew how much we loved him and that we did our best.

Thank you Mr. Chocolate Thunder Cocoa Bean for letting us share your life for the last 5 1/2 years. Rest In Peace and cheddar crackers. 2013-2018.
Your Cocoa Bean was clearly a most beloved family member. I know how much it hurts when we lose them, and how much of a hole it leaves in our lives. Hugs to you and all of your family! May you find peace in knowing he is at peace.

I am so terribly sorry about your sweet Cocoabean. It’s like losing a member of the family. But I hope you can find some comfort in your husband’s love and support, and of course think of happy times when using your new gorgeous H goodies. Happy birthday and anniversary.

Sweet SugarHazard,
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a fur baby is tragic; I understand your pain completely. Cocoa Bean had a wonderful life, thanks to you, your family, and his fur siblings. I was so touched by your story and am sending you a HUGE HUG.
I agree that the "T" in Tpf stands for therapy. There are so many nice people on this forum.

I am also sending you BIG CONGRATULATIONS and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your bags, silks and shawl are DREAMY! (I am now obsessing over your shawl, thinking it would be a good match for my RC kelly.) I share in your twilly madness, too.
Those boxes and designs send me over the edge. I am really excited about JQ in this format.

Your DH picked out the most beautiful pendant I have ever seen! Gorgeous heart with so much meaning behind it. I can understand why you don't want to ever take it off.

I know you will have some hard days and some good days ahead of you. Allow yourself to grieve, share your memories, and know that we are here to send you virtual love and support. Sharing your true feelings means so much to us.

Reactions: Addicted to bags
Dear SugarHazard,

Your story brought tears to my eyes. While I love your new goodies, I am so very sorry about your loss, I know how it feels :hugs:. Allow yourself to grieve, it will get better, I promise. Cocoa Bean was loved and I am sure you are a great dog mom :heart:. Your thread is a lovely tribute to him. Sending you lots of hugs!