A great vintage Classic flap vs new Reissue

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,
    My first chanel was a reissue 225. I opted for this style as it's more understated.
    I, however, came across a 9 series dark beige M/L gold hardware in impeccable condition (looks like never used). It really is a beautiful bag and the quality amazing.
    The issue is I have not worn it. I like the look of the classic flap but feel self conscious to wear it and will likely never wear this bag. I been debating to keep it and hand down to family or to consign and re-home and get another Reissue (225 RHW).
    My dilemma is that the CF is of such amazing quality and although I feel that I may not wear it, whether to just keep it for now.

Attached Files:

vivaciousbev1, Mariapia and OCMomof3 like this.
  2. Hi Ramai-- wow, that is a stunning, classic piece! These bags do hold their value quite well so you can always hold on to it a bit longer until you've fully decided, the value will still be there. It's always great to have some variety in your handbag collection and the Chanel CF is to a collection what the little black dress is to a wardrobe, in our opinion! However, these bags are a hot commodity and I'm confident there is another bag lover out there who would be excited to give this beauty a second home and proudly wear her well. If you have any questions about consigning in Canada, don't hesitate to reach out!

OCMomof3 likes this.
  3. That bag looks absolutely perfect; I can't believe it's a 9 series! The quality is impeccable. I would keep it!

OCMomof3 likes this.
  4. It really is perfect. That's why I'm conflicted.

5. That bag is gorgeous and in such amazing condition. I would keep it. Vintage Chanel is also way better quality than today's Chanel

OCMomof3 likes this.
  6. Keep it and pass it down to a family member if you don’t see yourself using it! It’s gorgeous!

OCMomof3 likes this.
  7. It's so beautiful! As long as it brings you joy - either using it or at least staring at it in your closet - keep it! If it doesn't bring you joy, sell!

8. Keep it! Use it, it is lovely

9. It’s a gorgeous bag but if it’s not something I see myself using then I would sell. I was in a similar situation as I had the m/l classic flap in blk caviar first and never wore it much. I added the reissue style (225 and 227) and they are among my most used Chanel bags. I ended up selling my m/l flap. Good luck with your decision!

Ramai likes this.
  10. It's a shame but it does not make my heart sing:sad:.

laurenad likes this.
  11. Definitely sell if you do not see yourself using and enjoying it. Don’t keep it just to sit in your closet. Buy something you will love!

Ramai likes this.