A Great End to a Dismal Week!!!

Oct 7, 2009
So, as some of you already know, I FINALLY scored my platinum medium Zoe about a week ago. I found a pre-owned one on eBay for $99. When the bag arrived earlier this week, I was so let down because the condition of it was so not what the seller had described. The bag was in bad enough shape that I had no other choice but to ask for a refund. I wrapped my baby back up and shipped her away yesterday. :crybaby:

Meanwhile, I have been searching high and low for the zip around wallet that matches my pink tartan Spotlight tote. I bought the bag in December during the last PCE and had absolutely no idea that they made a matching wallet - and even better, a zip around wallet. I LOVE zip arounds!

There has been some debate over whether or not this version of the wallet was made for department stores only, and both my local boutique and JAX told me that it was. So, there's no chance it will show up in the outlets (unless they are wrong). A few TPFers have spotted her at Macy's, so I went to my local store and had no luck. I looked on eBay and the few I could find were greatly overpriced.

So, yesterday I was bound and determined to find one. With my 34-page print out directory of every Macy's location in the US, I started calling. To my surprise, I found one within the first ten stores I called!!! I confirmed the style number and color with the SA three times because I was in total disbelief!!! The store is about two hours away from me, but my DH will be in the area for work this week, so I had them charge it through over the phone and my DH will be picking it up for me!!!

And, it gets even better!!! The wallet's MSRP is $158. It is currently marked down 30% to $110.60. They are also doing a promo for the American Heart Association and if you wear red or buy a pin for $2 you'll get an add'l 20% off. So, it came down to $90.48 including the $2 I spent for the pin. I don't have a Macy's charge, so I believe the promo is open to everyone.

I SO SO SO needed this after having to send back my beloved & still elusive Zoe!!! I will post pics as soon as my wallet is home. I never did post pics of my Spotlight when I got her, so I'll make sure to include her too!!!

:wlae::wlae::wlae:

Wow, your persistence certainly paid off! I have the red/black zip around tartan wallet and I just LOVE it. Its my first larger zip wallet, and I really want to hit my outlet next coupon and pick up another. Cant wait to see the set.

So happy for you! I know how much you've been wanting that wallet! I would have looked in Florida for you - now hubby will likely keep me far away from any stores!

Don't tell him & go anyway!!! You might score a great deal! I've heard a few items that were 30% off got reduced down to 50%. Just tell him you're going to Macy's for some vaca stuff you forgot to pack!! Who knows, it might be a good place to find a marked down pink tartan Spotlight ~ if you really want one!!