A Great Dilemma!

Winnie08

Jun 30, 2008
Hello Fellow TPFers!

I have been a devoted fan of LV for a while and have been hanging around this splendid forum for quite some time. But this is the very time that I am posting a thread here because I thought that with all your experience and expertise, you would be able to give me some constructive advice over an issue which has kept me pondering over and over.......

You see, I have just recently purchased a brown WC Speedy 35 and it turned out that this is the last piece available at LV boutiques in the whole of Singapore. So lucky me!! :yes:I have been yearning to buy a Trevi PM but it is always out of stock here. However, yesterday, I called up the boutique and much to my delight, the SA told me that they have received a new shipment of the Trevi PM but only in very "limited" quantities. Being the poor girl I am, I do not have enough $ at the moment to purchase the Trevi :sad:, especially after having spent S$1950 on the WC Speedy. I was just deliberating over the idea of sending the WC Speedy back to my boutique (since the boutique does allow its patrons a 1 month grace to return their purchases provided the bags are unused and in a sellable condition) and top up the extra $ to buy my much lust-after Trevi PM.

I have not used my WC Speedy yet ever since I bought it on 6/8/08 and the plastic covering the vachetta handles is still intact. I do love the WC series but I do find that the Speedy 35 is kinda big for me ( I am 163 cm short) and there is the issue of the bag sagging at the bottom. If it's the size 30 I would not hesitate to keep it. On the other hand, I am worried that I might regret my decision after returning my speedy 35 since the WC is a limited edition and I also dread the idea of having to wait for the next stock of Trevi PM for another few months or so should I miss this shipment.

So, what do you suggest that I do? :shrugs:Ohhhh, if money could just fall from the sky!!

I would return the WC. I love the design, but I also find it to be way to big. I think it is more important to have the bag you will use, vs what is popular at the moment. But it will be your hard decision :sad:

^^^ I agree with princesskara .....get a bag you will enjoy more. I love the WC pattern, but I hate how the speedy sags...that would bug me in the long run.GO with the Trevi

I must be the only one that's going to vote for the WC. I think the brown is a GREAT bag, even in the 35. However the fact that you haven't used yet is a strike against it. But I've seen the 35 on some tiny ladies and they ROCK it. And I think the brown is a great year round bag. I haven't brought mine out yet - I'm saving it for fall.
PHEW, anyway the Trevi will be there for you, but the WC may not be. If you think you're going to regret it, don't return the WC.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and views! I think I will return the WC Speedy 35 in exchange for the Trevi PM. The gorgeous shots of Karman's newly acquired Trevi PM builds up my craving for Trevi! Queenmab, much as I love the WC patterns and think the brown WC Speedy is a fabulous bag too, I just could not envision using the 35 much in the long run. I wear a lot of dresses and skirts so I guess Trevi will be much more appropriate. Many thanks to you all for your great advice! U guys ROCK!!

Hello Fellow TPFers!

I have been a devoted fan of LV for a while and have been hanging around this splendid forum for quite some time. But this is the very time that I am posting a thread here because I thought that with all your experience and expertise, you would be able to give me some constructive advice over an issue which has kept me pondering over and over.......

You see, I have just recently purchased a brown WC Speedy 35 and it turned out that this is the last piece available at LV boutiques in the whole of Singapore. So lucky me!! :yes:I have been yearning to buy a Trevi PM but it is always out of stock here. However, yesterday, I called up the boutique and much to my delight, the SA told me that they have received a new shipment of the Trevi PM but only in very "limited" quantities. Being the poor girl I am, I do not have enough $ at the moment to purchase the Trevi :sad:, especially after having spent S$1950 on the WC Speedy. I was just deliberating over the idea of sending the WC Speedy back to my boutique (since the boutique does allow its patrons a 1 month grace to return their purchases provided the bags are unused and in a sellable condition) and top up the extra $ to buy my much lust-after Trevi PM.

I have not used my WC Speedy yet ever since I bought it on 6/8/08 and the plastic covering the vachetta handles is still intact. I do love the WC series but I do find that the Speedy 35 is kinda big for me ( I am 163 cm short) and there is the issue of the bag sagging at the bottom. If it's the size 30 I would not hesitate to keep it. On the other hand, I am worried that I might regret my decision after returning my speedy 35 since the WC is a limited edition and I also dread the idea of having to wait for the next stock of Trevi PM for another few months or so should I miss this shipment.

So, what do you suggest that I do? :shrugs:Ohhhh, if money could just fall from the sky!!

Hi Winnie...I think you made the right decision to go with the Trevi :P I passed on the WC brown speedy 35 myself and picked up the Trevi around that time. Mainly because I already have the white one and I prefer the white to the brown. More importantly, I am only 5'2 (160cm) and the trevi is really much more practical for daily use. ;)

hi winnie, if the size of the WC speedy is not for you than you should definitely return and pick up trevi for yourself. the size will bother you too much at the end and it's too much money at stake...it sounds like you'll find better LoVe with trevi.
besides, the sagging on 35 will only be more & more with years to come and as the canvas breaks in...something to think of.
good luck with your decision :smile: