a future handbag, what a stunning skin

1. While I was in a meeting with my python guy (sorry, I am a luxury handbag designer in Paris, perhaps should mention that so this makes sense:rolleyes: I found this stunning skin, of which only one was ever tanned and colored this way, or in a very limited edition. Either way, It was made for an exhibition. It is a rusty brown color with a copper foil lacy motif on the top. It gives a bit of an embossed feel. It is in a buttery soft lamb skin. Wow. He was good enough to allow me to purchase it! It is going to become a clutch, because it is a very small skin. I am having trouble posting photos though, for some very odd reason.:sad: I am going to keep trying! :blink:

2. It worked! I don't think you are going to be able to see the full effect of the skin, I tried taking a photo, but, it just doesn't do it justice! I am so excited! I am already working on the pattern, I am going to take it to the greatest leather guy in the world (and that is really probably true) he makes first prototypes for, well, everyone in Paris (Givenchy, Vuitton, me:huh: ) wow, I am hyper lucky to work with this guy! Honestly, to be in the company of these people makes me wake up with excited butterflies in my stomach every morning! I can't wait. I will make this bag and bring it to the NY Purse forum meet up:yes: yah, I could do that. What do you think?

one_of_a_kind.jpg
  3. A clutch would be nice w/ some kind of buckle detail. OR maybe a belt bag.... that would be very interesting.

4. thank you for your suggestions!:yes: Those are great ideas!
    :biggrin:
    Yep, it is going to be a clutch. I have it all designed now, and I just have to take it to THE man. this scan really doesn't do it justice.:flowers:

5. It screams clutch to me with the embossing. Will we get to see it when its done?

6. :yes: YES! You will! But of course:yes: It will be my pleasure!

:heart: :heart::heart:

7. Oh that is going to be lovely. Hmmm, maybe you can make something to go with it, with an undermaterial in a matching brown/copper tone, perhaps silk or satin, and with black lace on top, like a skirt or somthing.

8. yes, all good bags deserve an outfit to match. :yes:

9. Gorgeous material! Be sure to post pics of the clutch when it's done! :smile:

10. A clutch! Jennifer, you should use as little of this skin to produce as many bags as possible so that more women can enjoy it! It's a beauty!!!

11. It is so small, there is only enough for one clutch! and, you can't see it here, but there is SUCH a beautiful overall pattern! I need to work with the print in order to preserve and respect the designer who did this beautiful metalic foiling. I am so excited to have it. It is so rare, and this picture really doesn't give you the full effect. I know there will be "bits" left over. I just want to do it justice. It is amazing! I will try, my hardest to take a photo of the whole skin, which is not so very big!:yes: what fun!

12. will do.

Thank you for all of your support and wonderful ideas, everyone, it means so much to me:love: :flowers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice