A Funny Thing Happened at H...

Frustrated yesterday at H Madison. None of my usual SAs were there, just two girls who knew nothing. Samourai? what's that? Maharani? Mousseline? What? One of them was wearing the Iris in pale CW. I asked about the Iris in other colors and she said "Iris?" The other SA said - it's the one around your neck.
Omg Moma this is so hilarious, but unfortunate for a shopping trip that left you frustrated. Wishing you a better trip at your next visit sweets.

Frustrated yesterday at H Madison. None of my usual SAs were there, just two girls who knew nothing. Samourai? what's that? Maharani? Mousseline? What? One of them was wearing the Iris in pale CW. I asked about the Iris in other colors and she said "Iris?" The other SA said - it's the one around your neck.

hilarious! reminded me of one of my experiences - the SA looked blank when I asked to look at twillies! to be fair, i don't think it is their fault if they weren't given any training beforehand....

Unbelievable moma, try at Wall St.!

It was actually made even better by her lovely French accent. "OHRN?!" I also asked her which color a Kelly was, and she responded, "It's green." Seriously, WTF? :biggrin:

Oh gosh. You have to laugh. But honestly that's sad.

the one around your neck!? - I hope they are ashamed - how can this be??

I have two that come to mind, both were in H stores away from home.

Story One: A few years ago it was a rainy, quiet day in an outdoor shopping area so every store I went into was full of bored SAs as there were no customers trooping around in the rain except for a tourist like myself with only the afternoon to shop. When I went into H, it was my first time at their location. I was not dressed up as it was rainy and I was carrying a bucket bag. I was very new to the brand and intimidated having had mixed experiences with SAs being nice or not so nice. Well, they weren't that friendly and the store was so quiet I felt very conspicuous. Two younger SAs were staring at me and talking. Finally I asked to see something in a case and they revealed that they were obsessed with my Mansur Gavriel saddle colored bucket bag and I ended up letting them try it on and take my stuff out of it. They were very sweet, we ended up chatting for a bit and they showed me some treasures for fun. I loved that the two SAs holding the keys to the all the Bs and Ks in the back room but what they preferred is a simple bucket bag.

Story Two: Less funny more odd but good for the SA. I was in a store I had not been to before and it was small and again, I felt a bit conspicuous as there were few customers. While I was waiting for someone to be free, I was looking at bracelets in the cases and I happened to be wearing a CDC. A male/female couple were shopping and they were dressed to the nines, they had a SA helping them and the woman aka Ms Fancy Pants saw my CDC and pointed to it, then asked the SA for it after realizing it was an H piece. Ms Fancy Pants asked me about it and I said that it was a great bracelet, my first one (this was in the early H days) and I was going to ask if they had a specific color when the SA was free. Well, Ms Fancy Pants decided to "put me in place" and had the SA bring her the CDCs in the color family I requested and proceeded to buy them in both hardware colors essentially to ensure that I knew she got them first. So good for the SA as she sold a bunch of CDCs to a crazy person, my first taste of the weird competition that can happen inside a boutique. I didn't end up buy any CDCs but the SAs really tried to find me something.

Oh, MrsO, can't people be just awful? If the SA had only heard you say you were looking for a particular color, she could have deliberately (and ostentatiously) "saved" a CDC for you from the greedy claws of Ms. Fancy Pants. Why does it often seem that those who are blessed with much merely want more (and are obnoxious, to boot)?
Sigh.

I have two that come to mind, both were in H stores away from home.

Story One: A few years ago it was a rainy, quiet day in an outdoor shopping area so every store I went into was full of bored SAs as there were no customers trooping around in the rain except for a tourist like myself with only the afternoon to shop. When I went into H, it was my first time at their location. I was not dressed up as it was rainy and I was carrying a bucket bag. I was very new to the brand and intimidated having had mixed experiences with SAs being nice or not so nice. Well, they weren't that friendly and the store was so quiet I felt very conspicuous. Two younger SAs were staring at me and talking. Finally I asked to see something in a case and they revealed that they were obsessed with my Mansur Gavriel saddle colored bucket bag and I ended up letting them try it on and take my stuff out of it. They were very sweet, we ended up chatting for a bit and they showed me some treasures for fun. I loved that the two SAs holding the keys to the all the Bs and Ks in the back room but what they preferred is a simple bucket bag.

Story Two: Less funny more odd but good for the SA. I was in a store I had not been to before and it was small and again, I felt a bit conspicuous as there were few customers. While I was waiting for someone to be free, I was looking at bracelets in the cases and I happened to be wearing a CDC. A male/female couple were shopping and they were dressed to the nines, they had a SA helping them and the woman aka Ms Fancy Pants saw my CDC and pointed to it, then asked the SA for it after realizing it was an H piece. Ms Fancy Pants asked me about it and I said that it was a great bracelet, my first one (this was in the early H days) and I was going to ask if they had a specific color when the SA was free. Well, Ms Fancy Pants decided to "put me in place" and had the SA bring her the CDCs in the color family I requested and proceeded to buy them in both hardware colors essentially to ensure that I knew she got them first. So good for the SA as she sold a bunch of CDCs to a crazy person, my first taste of the weird competition that can happen inside a boutique. I didn't end up buy any CDCs but the SAs really tried to find me something.
Those fancy pants people were horrible (and crazy). It won't bring them any good luck, acting like that!

Oh, MrsO, can't people be just awful? If the SA had only heard you say you were looking for a particular color, she could have deliberately (and ostentatiously) "saved" a CDC for you from the greedy claws of Ms. Fancy Pants. Why does it often seem that those who are blessed with much merely want more (and are obnoxious, to boot)?
Sigh.

I'm able to shrug that kind of thing off, I think it's to do with working in customer service for so many years. It never surprises me how strange people can be, well ok sometimes it does but I get over it very quickly :biggrin: once that born and bred cynicism kicks back in.

I got a beautiful CDC shortly thereafter from my lovely home store anyway so Ms Fancy Pants can suck it because I got gators :P