A funny quote on Hermès

grangeblanche

Aug 4, 2012
Loic Prigent is a french director and TV producer, specialized in fashion.
He made this documentary on Marc Jacobs for example.
His Tweets, in french, are often hilarious.
I've spotted this one on our beloved brand:

"The truly rich are those who manage to throw away Hermès packaging boxes . Try it, you'll see."

As for me, I can't.
:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpg
    IMG_8613.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 872
LOL! But I've done it, and I am NOT rich--what I am is chronically short on space. Sometimes, something's got to go, and my DH flatly refused to move out so I could fit in one more orange box, darn it.

one time I was cleaning out closets and too many orange bags - so put them for recycle on trash day --1 hr after I put them out, THEY WERE GONE ! rest of the recycle things/ trash still there... someone / one of my neighbors took them.. til this day, I still don't know which one took them... LOL

I don't take the box at all when I buy a bag, I have no space for them! Also, I always ask for a plain white bag instead of the orange one......I like to be anonymous!

Loic Prigent is a french director and TV producer, specialized in fashion.
He made this documentary on Marc Jacobs for example.
His Tweets, in french, are often hilarious.
I've spotted this one on our beloved brand:

"The truly rich are those who manage to throw away Hermès packaging boxes . Try it, you'll see."

As for me, I can't.
[emoji23]

Loic is certainly a funny guy. :giggles: I love, love, LOVE Loic's documentaries. The editing is just amazing. His personality shows in his work and everyone seems very comfortable with his lighthearted style of filming.

My personal favourite was his Signé Chanel series behind the scenes at the house. I put it on when I need some inspiration. There was an episode where they followed the old lady who did all of Chanel's braid trims for their Haute Couture since 1947 during Coco's time. It was magical to watch her unravel a bouclé Chanel hand delivered to use for the ribbon. Chanel sent many people to learn her unique method to keep the knowledge alive but apparently no one ever managed to. Sadly, Mme. Pouzieux passed in 2012.