A few words about ash from guru Bryan

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Apologies I cannot find the original question about color transfer with Ash.

From Bryan:

"In regards to the color transfer with the color Ash - it's too early to tell.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know. Because the nature of the skin has a slight sheen to it [it's nappa lambskin, but then buffed with a glass roller, hence, "nappa san marcos"] I don't see color transfer because the skin isn't "natural" like the limo, aurora, magnolia, and other light colors."

attachment.php

If/when they produce Ash in classic Nappa [resort 09] those bags would be likely to be more prone to color transfer. Here is a thread on the classic nappa's http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/nappa-umbria-bv-leather-and-pics-178768.html.

So it is the leather and treatment of the bag that will make it likely to have color transfer. I assum that means the iridescents and deerskins may be ok,

attachment.php

but the classic veneta like the maple below will need a bit more babying.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I really love the way ash changes with the different skins and styles. what do you think?

FW09 Python Clutch in Ash $2280
10.25L x 6.5H x 0.5-1W inches

attachment.php

PITONE CERATO PYTHON TOTE
12.1 x 3.9 x 5.5 IN.
$3450
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the buttersoft series

in the frame bag style
11.0 x 5.3 x 11.8 IN.
$3380

attachment.php

and the not so structured tote - the CROISETTE
buttersoft intrecciato QUILTED 18.2 x 4.2 x 15.8 IN.

attachment.php

Last edited:
it may be a conspiracy theory on my part but it seems like taupe is the new black this season.

evidence:
1) initially i thought the ash was too flat, and the more i look the more i like which speaks to how BV doesn't hit you in the face, but creeps in on you with its beauty
2) my closet is suddenly filled with taupe colored outfits
3) for some reason i chose a taupe like berber for my house, and
4) a lighter taupe like paint color for the walls; and finally
5) i am looking at my tan and in the glow of my PC, my SKIN looks taupe :sad:

[it's nappa lambskin, but then buffed with a glass roller, hence, "nappa san marcos"]

The techniques are amazing! Glass roller? Baked on paper (Torchon)? How do they come up with that?

San Marco makes sense then though!

Back to topic: Since I missed out on Limo, I'd really go for something in Ash! Do men's SLG come in that colour?

It was :heart:ASH:heart: on first sight for me. Seen it irl and I knew it's the colour for me. But if only it comes in classic shapes.

bv_luxury, from your experience, will BV produce this colour in classic shapes for resort09?

Thanks again doloresmia and Bryan!!

Last Sunday I played with ALL the ash purses that the NYC had, LOL!! and amazingly each of them (7 or 8) had totally different characteristics thus looked and felt very different. I personally prefer iridescent colour (the zip around wallet was stunning) and wish BV made a larger purses in it.

attachment.php

^^ I love love love this one!! It may not be practical for me at all but I don't care, it's like you are carrying the softest smushiest pillow! Yep that's it, I'll use it as my pillow, LOL. I saw this in nero and ebano at Bergdorf's also.:heart:

Another one that I can't stop thinking about is the maple/tiger.:tender: Does it come in other style beside Veneta?

Thanks again doloresmia and Bryan!!

Last Sunday I played with ALL the ash purses that the NYC had, LOL!! and amazingly each of them (7 or 8) had totally different characteristics thus looked and felt very different. I personally prefer iridescent colour (the zip around wallet was stunning) and wish BV made a larger purses in it.

attachment.php

^^ I love love love this one!! It may not be practical for me at all but I don't care, it's like you are carrying the softest smushiest pillow! Yep that's it, I'll use it as my pillow, LOL. I saw this in nero and ebano at Bergdorf's also.:heart:

Another one that I can't stop thinking about is the maple/tiger.:tender: Does it come in other style beside Veneta?

Mid-, that would be the most expensive pillow:yahoo:I'm sure you will have sweet dreams every night:heart:

doloresmia and Byran - Thank you for this valuable information about Ash. Based on this new info., Ash is still part of my wish list for this season. :yes: However, to be on the safe side, I'll await TPF's real life experiences regarding color transfer. Fortunately, we'll probably have an answer in the next few months....

From what I remember at the boutique, the pictures of the San Marcos collection provide the most accurate sense of the color variations in the Ash. Just subtly beautiful....