A Few of my Enid Collins Bags

Pippi

my stockings are short
Mar 26, 2006
Hi everyone!

Here are a couple of my Enid Collins vintage handbags from the 60's. I love her colorful style! My first bag was the Pretty in Pink bag, which I found at a yard sale and STOLE for only $2.00! My luck! My daughter (who now collects them, too) sent me the Cable Car purse for my birthday. They make me smile! Hope you enjoy them, too.

Cheers!
Pippi

Attachments

• ECPrettyInPinkScaled.jpg
    ECPrettyInPinkScaled.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 503
  • ECCableCarScaled.jpg
    ECCableCarScaled.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 468
I have one of those, it used to be my moms! I don't know anything about them though, just thought it was funky and cute but I never actually carried it. It's in my old bedroom at my parents house or else I would post a picture. A couple of the jewels have fallen off though :sad:

Lovely bags! You got a really good deal on the first one didn't you, Pippi?!?! I love Enid Collins bags. They are like individual works of art!

Thanks for the pictures and feel free to show more! We'd love to see them!

I can't believe you have some Enids! I have been collecting for a few years now though it is harder to get them in the UK. I have a cable car too but a wooden box version, plus a " fine feathers " one but not as pretty as your pink one ( there was one exactly like yours sold on e-bay recently - cant remember how much it fetched ) and a really early " pandoras box ". I have never paid $2 - jealous!!

Its great to see there are other Enid fans - you must post more pictures! Every time I go out with them they get so much interest - I was actually in Prada once with one and all the sales girls loved it and were gathering round to have a look - I felt so cool!!