A few LVs or one Chanel?

Since you might need to save longer for the Chanel..perhaps you can buy 1 Speedy now and when you are close to reaching your savings goal for the Flap..if you still want it, you can sell the Speedy to fund it? But by then, you might love the Speedy so much that you'd rather just keep it :P

Like your thinking!!!:graucho:

I like the variety of bags so I choose a few LVs.

I do like Chanel but am not into any flap styles yet as It couldn't hold all of my stuffs and it's not practically for me.

I have the speedy (Damier 25) and I love it! It's an all weather bag so it's great. I personally think that Chanel bags are overpriced-like all handbags really! LOL!!

Def. Chanel. I was thinking about getting a chanel 2.55 too. We should go shopping together lol. I'm not a fan of LV (please don't kill me LV lovers) I just find the monogram distasteful and tacky. Not classic and I don't like the feel of their leather/canvas.

Chanel on the other hand is classic and a luxe simple and timeless thats what I look for in bags. Plus the LV in my opinion if you don't take good care of it looks awful. My mom had one handbag she didn't take care of and used a lot over the years and it looks dark and just no bueno!! I think the Chanel will hold up much better plus very nice leather ages beautiful and looks better over time (for ex. bal bags).

I feel like people on this forum hold Chanel as an end-all-be-all. They would chose Chanel over ANYTHING (for whatever reason - whether they own several and love them, think of the brand as the highest quality with it's timelessness and classiness, or have been persuaded to believe that Chanel is the best because a lot of the girls on here believe so)

You've saved up for a certain bag that you've wanted, get the LV! Are you just going for the Chanel because you can? Or do you REALLY want the 2.55? Whatever you decide, I hope you are happy with your choice!

I feel like people on this forum hold Chanel as an end-all-be-all. They would chose Chanel over ANYTHING (for whatever reason - whether they own several and love them, think of the brand as the highest quality with it's timelessness and classiness, or have been persuaded to believe that Chanel is the best because a lot of the girls on here believe so)

You've saved up for a certain bag that you've wanted, get the LV! Are you just going for the Chanel because you can? Or do you REALLY want the 2.55? Whatever you decide, I hope you are happy with your choice!

ITA with what youre saying! Sometimes we get caught up in these handbag things:P But to answer the OPs question, I would go with the speedy, Im not a flap kinda girl! But I love my speedies and want to own a Chanel one day, just not a flap!

I agree with so many posters here. Time to ask yourself some questions - and be honest with yourself! Compare the bags you want against each other for the following:

1. Does the bag need to be pretty, durable, or both?

2. Do you mind babying your bags? Which would need it more?

3. Would you be intimidated by either bag and be afraid to use it?

4. Is it an everyday bag, and if so, does it fit into your everyday lifestyle?

5. Do you care any, or a lot if others around you have the same exact bag?

I like o make side-by-side lists when I make big decisions. Good luck, either way its fab... Congratulations!

I say...CHANEL!!! :tup: haha..only b/c I know how you feel.. it can be sooo agonizig saving up for a Chanel bag, especially with all the price increases!! I used to carry only LV before I got into Chanel.. I just got tired of the monogram, seeing EVERYONE carrying one, and seeing fakes of it everywhere. Chanel really adds that touch of effortless chic to an outfit without overdoing it, and is subtle but at the same a head-turner. you can't go wrong with Chanel..you'll have it and use it for years!! Good luck! :yes: