A Fan Of The Messenger Bag? Yes, No Maybe So?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've recently just gotten so into messenger bags again. I don't know if it's because of the erratic weather. There is nothing worse than trying to battle your bag over your many layers of clothes and jackets that make you look like the Michelin Man.
    I, for one, have a tendency towards leather. I did see a really cute Tumi messenger (if you can believe it!) yesterday on a friend. It was khaki and orange and completely adorable.
    I have had days though when my messenger seems to slice my chest in half like a nice piece of freshly-baked bread.
    But all in all, I think messenger bags rock.

Hate 'em? Love 'em?

Pics?

Just asking....;)

2. I am a huge fan of messenger bags. I hate being bogged down by a bag when I'm running around with my kids or in bad weather. Even many of my shoulder bag styles have a messenger strap. Love them!

3. I love messenger bags, especially when I travel! There is just something so freeing about them and at the same time you feel everything is safe and tucked away close to you. Love them.

4. love them!

5. I love bags that can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody. They are perfect for shopping, running errands, and sightseeing.

I will never buy a handheld bag. I tried once and immediately returned the bag because it annoyed me when I tried to carry it for just a few minutes around the house.

Right now, I have 6 bags that can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody - BE Surprise Me, BE Love Me Midi (2 of them), BE Take Me Everywhere Midi (2 of them), and RM 3-Zip MAC.

6. Love them. I have a Burberry dryden.

7. I love the slouchier messenger bags. Wish I had more, they are practical and can look very edgy depending on the design.

8. Yes, love them! :tup:

I only really like messengers (or bags with straps long enough to be worn crossbody, anyway) and clutches.

9. I really want to love them, but everytime I put one on I hate the way it cuts across my chest. My "girls" aren't even big, I just don't like the look. I know that if I could just get over the look I would love the functionality. I'll just admire them from afar.

10. I never actually wear them crossbody (I don't like the look on me, either) - I just like that they have a really long strap! :biggrin:

11. I have the same problem too. But I learned to only wear it across my chest when I have a scarf or coat on so it doesn't "cut" my chest in an unflattering way. When I'm wearing a blouse or t-shirt I'll wear it over my shoulder. In any case, messenger bags are incredibly versatile and I love them!!

12. Used to think they look very hip on others, but not on me. But I received one from the Sak for Xmas and love the way it looks on me. It's more of a cross-body satchel than a messenger, so not sure if it counts.

13. When I was younger I loved messenger bags, but as the size of my chest increased my love of messengers decreased because of the reasons already mentioned. I do love not having to worry about them when I'm shopping or have a lot of bags to carry but I just don't think they're flattering on me. I've gone down a few cup sizes after losing weight and although the girls are still big I might get an inexpensive messenger bag to see if they look any better on me now.

14. I love them- when I travel, I only use a messenger or a cross-body. It's so much easier and safer-feeling. I'm pretty much just a hand-held or messenger/crossbody girl...I have yet to find a shoulder bag that doesn't drive me crazy (and that I don't end up using as a hand-held, with the straps at their shortest).

15. I think they Are great when you're wearing a puffy coat: they make you feel free!
    That said, I only have one right now and I'll have to think about another one!