A Dozen Birkins And Zero Hermes?

I started with scarves initially and then went to H bags. So it's hard to see someone with a lot of H bags without any accessories. I think it's a package, whether you like it or not haha.

Pardon me if I am being rude but I have to agree that dozen birkins without anything else H at all screams business to me - I even noticed someone owns two birkins of the same size, colours, hardware and leather in their huge birkin collection. Even if I had the funds I would probably pick a different colour at least? Again, this is just my two cents.....

I think it's definitely possible. I'm just thinking of Victoria Beckham for example - she has a ton of Hermes bags, but I don't believe she wears Hermes RTW or accessories. I'm sure she's not buying from a reseller.

I must admit that I mainly like the Birkin and Kelly and the scarves only. Other than that, I am an electronics gal so I have no need for agendas, and I prefer non-Hermes jewelry/watches. The clothing is a bit too conservative/mature for my style... I do not really have a desire to buy other H items and would not pass judgment personally.

That was just impossible I think. I started thinking I only wanted bags and when I walked into the boutique, the thought ended. Key ring, scarves, shawls, wallets, agenda, mitten for my son, bracelet, necklace. The rest is history.

I was never really that into Hermes. Been into the stores once in a while in the past and got myself a bangle and some scarves because they looked nice.
(i wear them as a headscarf in my home country in Borneo)

Somehow this year, i was strolling along in Harrods and saw this beautiful bag in Hermes (a Lindy) and it went downhill from there!

Im obsessed! Im obsessed with all things Hermes. Im obsessed with this forum. I walk around the streets of London and somehow my eyes tend to zoom in on Hermes bags, Hermes scarves that ppl are wearing and i HAVE to tell my DH, 'Look! thats a gorgeous 35 Birkin in Ostrich.. or wow! that's a beautiful Kelly in Togo' and it goes on and on! I think i need therapy (not the retail kind) to get me out of this addiction. :P. My DH certainly thinks so...

Oh, I started with a love of Kellys, from way back when I lived in Paris as a late teen and felt so "arrived" when I finally got my first bag! BUT I adore accessories, DH has even begun to appreciate them too!

But my current, wicked obsession (thanks to PennyD:heart) is pocket scarves! I wasn't wearing my big girl ones, and Ms Penny suggested diving into the smaller ones which look SO smart with everything! Especially my very Angelina all-black pregnancy wardrobe.

I would have never guessed H would lead me to a pocket scarf addiction! Or to great friends like PennyD :hugs:

I was never really that into Hermes. Been into the stores once in a while in the past and got myself a bangle and some scarves because they looked nice.
(i wear them as a headscarf in my home country in Borneo)

Somehow this year, i was strolling along in Harrods and saw this beautiful bag in Hermes (a Lindy) and it went downhill from there!

Im obsessed! Im obsessed with all things Hermes. Im obsessed with this forum. I walk around the streets of London and somehow my eyes tend to zoom in on Hermes bags, Hermes scarves that ppl are wearing and i HAVE to tell my DH, 'Look! thats a gorgeous 35 Birkin in Ostrich.. or wow! that's a beautiful Kelly in Togo' and it goes on and on! I think i need therapy (not the retail kind) to get me out of this addiction. :P. My DH certainly thinks so...

OMG, I'm obsessed too! My first Hermès purchase was a pair of black box boots in FSH 20 years ago. That was enough for me until about a year ago, then I went mad buying vintage H scarves.

My BH noticed how much I loved wearing the scarves, and bought me a Chasse en Inde in olive and orange for Xmas and my son gave me an orange hair pick. Next thing you know, I'm in Hermès purchasing my first Birkin (orange Clemence, 35cm) and assuring my SA that it won't be my last.

I'm hooked!

I think it is difficult to imagine anyone on this board owning only birkins and kellys and NO accessories or other bags. And I am certainly not one who can stop at just the bags. But, I will say that from an outsider's perspective, many of the accessories and bags are difficult to justify for the price. My husband bought a picotin for me because he could tell I loved it, but commented that he just paid over $1000 for a glorified leather sack. Same for the CDC cuff (bought that one myself, lust trumps logic!); and when he bought the Ulysses with photo insert, he said, I just paid how much for a photo album?! However, he would totally buy a birkin or kelly or scarf for me because he can see the quality and longevity. I can see his point (don't agree obviously, just look at how many small orange boxes I have!), and I can see people just buying birkins and kellys because they can justify the expense of those bags but not the accessories. So, not everyone who just has these bags are in it for business; maybe they have twins of my DH controlling the money bags!

Interesting thread.

^^ Well I think it is possible for someone who owns 1-3 birkins/ kellys and not have any other bags nor accessories. But those who have more than say a dozen and zero others - not to mention two of the same exact bags with the same colours and size, I wonder if any SA would even sell that many bags knowing that that person is only interested in Kelly and/or Birkin? But then someone mentioned Victoria Beckham/Katie Holmes with their mainly Birkin/Kelly Collections but I saw somewhere that Katie was wearing CDC bracelet? :smile:

^^ Well I for one am only interested in H's Leather Goods though my interest branches out to more than just birkin or kelly bags. But then I do look for best value for money bags if they are not birkin nor kelly. For example I saw a lovely Thar bag but at £3300 I couldn't be bothered.

^^ Well I think it is possible for someone who owns 1-3 birkins/ kellys and not have any other bags nor accessories. But those who have more than say a dozen and zero others - not to mention two of the same exact bags with the same colours and size, I wonder if any SA would even sell that many bags knowing that that person is only interested in Kelly and/or Birkin? But then someone mentioned Victoria Beckham/Katie Holmes with their mainly Birkin/Kelly Collections but I saw somewhere that Katie was wearing CDC bracelet? :smile:
I don't think there's any limit to the number of birkins or kellys that an SA can sell to one person, but I agree that they might get suspicious if one buyer asks for more than one of the exact same bag. I do think it's unlikely there are many women out there with NO Hermes accessories or nonbirkin bags, but like I said, if it was up to my husband, the only Hermes items I would have (be it 1 or 100) are the fine leather handbags, i.e. birkin, kelly (and bolide, lindy, plume if I were drawn to their design) because he can justify the cost. Thank goodness it's not up to him!

I don't think there's any limit to the number of birkins or kellys that an SA can sell to one person, but I agree that they might get suspicious if one buyer asks for more than one of the exact same bag.

well techincally there is a "limit" aka the sa has to justify why xy gets x bags the better the customer the more bags thus resulting in h patrons buying more than bags kwim?cause only bags do not make you a good ciustomer kwim?
but there are always reseller and as i said if you only want birinkins this is most likely the place for you
about two exactly the same bag. why not maybe one has more than one residence and loves comnbination xy so much you want one in each location
so of course they will sell two of the same bag to you given they know you you have been a loyal customer etc
if not well then resellers come into play again . and by resellers i mean people buying from them not resellers per say kwim

Birkins and zero 'other H items'? Sounds good. But my addiction started with the scarves. And once I got my first Birkin, the true addiction started (Lindy, more scarves, Garden Party, more scarves, ordered one more Birkin, scarve ring, RTW silk dress with matching belt...). And oh.... have I mentioned my Ulysses and my belt?

There are a lot of H items that I like but that I do not really crave for (thank God!). Which a lot of H items that I really really like. You could say I like 'the world of Hermes'.