A "Dazzling" reveal...

eminere™

Au Masculin
Jan 9, 2008
Dior aficionados and experts might already be able to guess my reveal from the title... :graucho:

Otherwise, a few more clues: this was one of the great John Galliano's creations, inspired by his favourite fairy tale, Cinderella... Its colour reflects the inky night sky, its name the stars that shimmer within... :cloud9:

Because all modern Cinderellas (and their princes!) need to keep an eye on the midnight hour, such as this was born...

O M G!!!!! You got the Dazzling Christal watch?! I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see your pictures! I saw it in real life at Holt Renfrew (it sold by the next time I visited) and I couldn't stop looking at it. The blue shaded mother of pearl dial was heart-stopping!!!

??? Just as curious. At first I thought you bought a watch.
This should be a dead giveaway...

bc7dd2c7.jpg

O M G!!!!! You got the Dazzling Christal watch?! I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see your pictures! I saw it in real life at Holt Renfrew (it sold by the next time I visited) and I couldn't stop looking at it. The blue shaded mother of pearl dial was heart-stopping!!!
Hahaha I was waiting for you to pop in, knew you'd immediately get the reference :biggrin:

It is difficult to capture using a camera phone the true colour of the sapphire crystals, but I'd say they are a touch darker than the stock images:

23898a.jpg
23897a.jpg
23899a.jpg

In terms of sparkle, they have slightly less of a shimmering effect than the grey, but much more than the black and red.

For those interested in the technical details:

. Automatic movement with white lacquered oscillating weight, visible through a transparent sapphire crystal case back
. Stainless steel case and bracelet
. Bracelet set with 3 rows of blue sapphire crystal and 108 diamonds (1.62 carats)
. Bezel set with 88 diamonds (1.10 carats)
. Graduated mother-of-pearl dial set with 36 diamonds (0.18 carat) of which 24 are luminescent in the dark
. Total 232 diamonds (2.9 carats)
. Hands polished with Superluminova
. Edition limited to 500 pieces

What I love most about this design, besides the beautiful colour and the liberal sprinkling of diamonds (:P), is how the dial is laid out. It truly is a stunning, intricate design with incredible attention to detail: from the blue mother-of-pearl lightly shaded precisely in the centre, surrounded by a constellation of diamonds mapping out the hour zones, to the diamond hour "indexes" mirrored on the flange. It is all as Galliano intended: blue sapphire crystals and mother-of-pearl the midnight sky, diamonds the stars.

Truly a fairy tale rendered alive in a beautiful timepiece. :heart:

Your watch dazzles beyond belief! Congratulations!

I saw the price tag at Holts and knew that I could never get my hands on it, because when I can afford it (which will be years later), the watch won't be available anymore as it is limited edition.

Even the box is more luxurious than their normal boxes!

Did you test your watch in the dark? The diamonds on the dial will light up with superluminova! It should look really stunning!

Congratulations on your beautiful watch once again! I am green with envy, or should I say blue :biggrin: