a custom last for a little piggy? wahooooo! "\(^(oo)^)/"

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
yes, that's right ladies, i think i'm *finally* going to pull the trigger on a custom CL last!!

as i'm not actually that familiar with the process, who better to consult than my favourite tpf subforum?!? :yahoo: so, here goes:

• has anyone actually used this service before? how was your experience?
  • how long does it take? do i need to go back more than once?
  • do i need to make an appointment or anything like that?
any and all info would be super helpful, TIA!!

love.jpg

All the info you need is on the first page.

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...watches-styles-etc-update-pg-55-a-406111.html

It's best to call the boutique to see what's available to SO especially since the list changes every so often. You can SO over the phone if you know what you want but if you need to see the swatches for availability, you can just go to the boutique (no prior appointment is necessary). It is also best to follow up after your initial order since the boutique hardly ever follows up.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your SO!

Piggy, custom-ordering a LAST is the ultimate luxury!! It's drastically different and a whole level up from SO'ing a particular style in a particular fabrication. I don't personally know of anyone who's custom-ordered a last from CL (even most of the celeb clients buy commercially available pairs.....Dita von Teese supposedly has a special last, along with a few other celebs who are friends of CL, mostly extremely wealthy European & Middle Eastern women)....but I recall hearing that they have to do the custom-fitting at the Paris atelier......to make a mold of your foot. It costs at least a couple thousand dollars but for those who can afford that ultimate luxury it's worth it.......just think having shoes specially designed to fit your foot.

Last edited:
I totally agree w/ foxycleopatra in that a custom CL last would be THE ultimate luxury. You would need a different (+ obviously customized) last for each heel height and/or toe box shape you would potentially want to wear. I'm assuming that you have one favorite CL style for which this would apply?

Anyway, best of luck + please post the process when you get the ball rolling. I think you're in relatively uncharted water :P (at least for us mere mortals who are not part of Monsieur Louboutin's inner circle).

If you have your own custom last, I wonder if the limits on SO styles and materials even apply? I could see the options being endless. So exciting, let us know how it goes!

Last is about fit. A custom last is like a mold of your foot so they can make styles that are a custom fit. CL has custom lasts for a lot of celebrities like Dita. Her CLs are not pulled directly from stock. Her shoes are made to fit her specifically.

A special order is about style/color.