A couple went paparazzi on my diaper bag!

This is bizarre! Was there anyway that you could have hidden the bag from these loons?

My DH and I would carry the diaper bag just like how we would carry any other diaper bag; on our shoulder or just on the handle bars of the stroller and yes, sometimes even unattended. But after what happened, I would pay more attention to it. And yes, I did throw the bag inside the car the minute they approached us in the parking lot.

How creepy! You def didn't overreact. If I thought someone was taking pics of my daughter I would probably freak out and bust their camera into a million pieces.

I agree with the others, it was probably a couple of fakers.

wow. it really kinda does sound like they were trying to help with counterfeiting... "some details of the bag that aren't available online" -- okay, why not just go into an LV store then to see the details? why do you need a PICTURE? hmm...

i've had someone do something similar to me once. i was in a public place, in the mall i believe, and i noticed this older guy, i believe maybe at one point he may have had someone with him, was following me around. i didn't notice it until i would be in one store, move to another, and i'd turn around and realize he was in the same store. he tried to make it seem like he wasn't following me, but it was strange enough that a male probably in his 30s or 40s would be in a clothing store geared towards younger women. finally i looked at him strange, and he said, can i ask you a favor? and i said, um...what? he said, "can you flex for me?" i was like..."uhh...flex?" now, i work out and i like to think i have toned arms, but i'm no muscle woman or bodybuilder, and this guy was just acting WEIRD. i was like um, no, sorry. he's like, "i'm sorry i just like women that have a muscular physique." i turned around, and when i looked behind me again he had his phone out, and it looked like he was taking pictures of me! he was like, "please, just once?" and i was like, "um, no, sorry," and just took off. i don't know if he got any pictures, but your incident has made me think of this. i was really freaked out by it actually, and i'd hate to think he took pictures i didn't know about and posted them on some muscle fetish website or something...ugh.

i've had someone do something similar to me once. i was in a public place, in the mall i believe, and i noticed this older guy, i believe maybe at one point he may have had someone with him, was following me around. i didn't notice it until i would be in one store, move to another, and i'd turn around and realize he was in the same store. he tried to make it seem like he wasn't following me, but it was strange enough that a male probably in his 30s or 40s would be in a clothing store geared towards younger women. finally i looked at him strange, and he said, can i ask you a favor? and i said, um...what? he said, "can you flex for me?" i was like..."uhh...flex?" now, i work out and i like to think i have toned arms, but i'm no muscle woman or bodybuilder, and this guy was just acting WEIRD. i was like um, no, sorry. he's like, "i'm sorry i just like women that have a muscular physique." i turned around, and when i looked behind me again he had his phone out, and it looked like he was taking pictures of me! he was like, "please, just once?" and i was like, "um, no, sorry," and just took off. i don't know if he got any pictures, but your incident has made me think of this. i was really freaked out by it actually, and i'd hate to think he took pictures i didn't know about and posted them on some muscle fetish website or something...ugh.

OMG, that is very scary. I would have flipped if some old man asks me to flex or do something physically. Now I am really thankful I had my DH with me that day.
I am sorry about that experience and maybe we should all be armed with maces and pepper spray nowadays.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input.

omg that is scary! i would of been so scared if i was by myself and i had child with me! I would of been already freaked out period just knowing that someone opened my bag that i dont even know! i dont even like it when people i DO know do that! I would of done the same thing you did in the mall too though! i would of prob called the cops if they started talking to me in the parking lot!

ohhh btw! i used to go to glendale galleria alot too!! i moved out to the middle of nowhere (San Bern) so i dont get to go down there as much!

From what I have heard, 'counterfitters' usually buy one authentic bag and then copy it. I don't think they rely on running around taking pics. I don't want to alarm you, but I wonder what their real motive was.
You certainly did the right thing!!

That is the strangest LV-related incident ever! What a terrible thing to go through! They sound like scary stalkers. You definitely did the right thing and I'm glad you and your family are safe!