A cool story, just wanted to share...

jenayb

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Amidst all the horror stories and not so positive threads, I just wanted to share a rather neat eBay story with you all.

My daddy called me today and was telling me about one of his coworkers who recently listed some sort of very rare mint condition 1960's surfboard on eBay. He had a particular bidder that was bidding very large amounts throughout the duration of the auction and eventually won. My daddy's colleague was a little concerned about the fact that this bidder had won the auction at such a great amount, so he called him personally to arrange shipping. As it turns out, the winning bidder was none other than Eddie Vedder! Yes, as in the lead singer of Pearl Jam Eddie Vedder. :graucho: As the story was told, Eddie was a great buyer and paid immediately! Lol. Anyhow, I just thought it was interesting to hear about a celebrity buying on eBay!

Amidst all the horror stories and not so positive threads, I just wanted to share a rather neat eBay story with you all.

My daddy called me today and was telling me about one of his coworkers who recently listed some sort of very rare mint condition 1960's surfboard on eBay. He had a particular bidder that was bidding very large amounts throughout the duration of the auction and eventually won. My daddy's colleague was a little concerned about the fact that this bidder had won the auction at such a great amount, so he called him personally to arrange shipping. As it turns out, the winning bidder was none other than Eddie Vedder! Yes, as in the lead singer of Pearl Jam Eddie Vedder. :graucho: As the story was told, Eddie was a great buyer and paid immediately! Lol. Anyhow, I just thought it was interesting to hear about a celebrity buying on eBay!

I know of another EB seller who sold two bags to Oprah. It does happen~