A Cool Backpack for College Girl

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
My niece is in the middle of her freshman year in college; she is still using her highschool backpack. I'd like to find her a very cool, chic, but not delicate, backpack which must be able to hold a 13" laptop. Any suggestions?

I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars, if that is even going to be possible. Love to buy pre-owned so any suggestions there are welcome, too, for bags at less than their original retail...

I typically buy her a designer small bag or accessories for Christmas that I have often bought pre-owned.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

TIA :smile:

I believe Mandarina Duck has some good quality bags for laptops (also backpacks). I remember she made a line for the Sony vaio a while back, but when I tried to find any of them just now I couldn't find them anymore (I got a catalogue when I purchased my Sony that had them with cute litlle designs, but I threw that out a long time ago!)
If I find anything, I'll get back to you.

Everyone on my college campus carries a Longchamp Le Pliage Large. It would definitely fit a 13 in laptop and some books. It's cute :smile:

-I personally LOVE Pliage, but I am certain she wants backpack straps; maybe I could find her a large used Prada somewhere. Let me know if anyone sees one somewhere. Though it might not be padded enough for comfort. A padded computer sleeve would be helpful :thinking:

I'll have to find out what brand she is carrying now.

I use a messenger bag, which you can find anywhere. My mom picked up a new one for me a month ago when Dillard's was have a crazy bag sale. She got me a BCBG messenger bag in grey leather for only $38!

A lot of people where i go to school use huge coach totes for school. erm of course most are fake. I have a ton of books so I use my nike book bag, its cute, black with pink "nike" going down the side. I dont really know any designer brands that make actual backpacks for school, for girls at least.

I used a north face backpack and later used and abercrombie tote in college but i never brought a laptop, I used a vera bradley backpack my first 2 semesters of law school, now i use the super tote. But law books are huge the vera bradley large backpack can hold my macbook with sleeve a notebook and my huge law book.
I got in on sale on their website because it was a discounted color. I hope this helps :biggrin: