A Cool Backpack for College Girl

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
My niece is in the middle of her freshman year in college; she is still using her highschool backpack. I'd like to find her a very cool, chic, but not delicate, backpack which must be able to hold a 13" laptop. Any suggestions?

I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars, if that is even going to be possible. Love to buy pre-owned so any suggestions there are welcome, too, for bags at less than their original retail...

I typically buy her a designer small bag or accessories for Christmas that I have often bought pre-owned.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

TIA :smile:

Roxana

♥'s dogs & bags
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
Europe
I believe Mandarina Duck has some good quality bags for laptops (also backpacks). I remember she made a line for the Sony vaio a while back, but when I tried to find any of them just now I couldn't find them anymore (I got a catalogue when I purchased my Sony that had them with cute litlle designs, but I threw that out a long time ago!)
If I find anything, I'll get back to you.

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
Thanks, folks, I'll go to etsy, and try to find the other site. I'm in no hurry, justt early shopping for Christmas present

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
north face is definitely the "cool" backpack to have. it's not chic but it's a staple for every college student.

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
Everyone on my college campus carries a Longchamp Le Pliage Large. It would definitely fit a 13 in laptop and some books. It's cute :smile:
-I personally LOVE Pliage, but I am certain she wants backpack straps; maybe I could find her a large used Prada somewhere. Let me know if anyone sees one somewhere. Though it might not be padded enough for comfort. A padded computer sleeve would be helpful :thinking:

I'll have to find out what brand she is carrying now.

oxyoxy136

D N A
Nov 19, 2007
Texas
I use a messenger bag, which you can find anywhere. My mom picked up a new one for me a month ago when Dillard's was have a crazy bag sale. She got me a BCBG messenger bag in grey leather for only $38!

Sep 30, 2008
Boulder, Colorado
A lot of people where i go to school use huge coach totes for school. erm of course most are fake. I have a ton of books so I use my nike book bag, its cute, black with pink "nike" going down the side. I dont really know any designer brands that make actual backpacks for school, for girls at least.

LV LoVee

bunnyLVe
Nov 10, 2009
Cbus/Naples
I used a north face backpack and later used and abercrombie tote in college but i never brought a laptop, I used a vera bradley backpack my first 2 semesters of law school, now i use the super tote. But law books are huge the vera bradley large backpack can hold my macbook with sleeve a notebook and my huge law book.
I got in on sale on their website because it was a discounted color. I hope this helps :biggrin: