A conversation between a Coach addict and her hubby

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
I bought a bag the other day and the Coach Tag had a small "nick" in it. It was tiny but it was driving me crazy because it was deep enough that it was completely through the gunmetal finish. So here is the conversation between my husband and I as I showed it to him.

Me: I want to go to the Coach Store and pick up a Brook and see if I can't get another tag for my Alexa Satchel that I just bought.
Hubby: What's wrong with the tag?
Me: (showing him the tag) See there is a little nick in it and it has nicked the gunmetal finish.
Hubby: Can't you just put a dab of nail polish on it that matches the gunmetal?
Me: (gasping in horror) And deface a Coach bag?
Hubby: It's obviously already been defaced.
Me: Well there's no reason to add insult to injury!
Hubby: It's a bag, I don't think it's going to feel insulted no matter what you do.
Me: Hey! Bags have feelings to you know!

Sad, I know. This is what it is like when I am in a complete Coach frenzy.

haha, whenever I start talking to my boyfriend about bags, he rolls his eyes, and its all "foreign" talk to him, like I'm some kind of alien or something from outerspace, he just doesn't want to hear it... :lolots:

I like this....the conversation totally reflects different thinking of men and women. My husband also ask me why I need so many as I can only carry one at a time.... :shrugs::thinking::huh:

I just totally LOL on this one... because when I talk Coach to my husband who is super understands he thinks I am crazy and that is just because I call my bags "she" and refer to them buy personal name, such as Ergo or Soho or Lindsey....

Last night I was reading a thread about the Winter White Maggie's being sold out and I gasped. My husband looks up and said what is wrong and I told him. He said are you kiding me what does it matter... No matter what they do not truely understand the Coachie mind.

Definitely a gender thing, men are just wired differently from women. My DH will never understand, so I just enjoy my bags and don't bother him with the more obsessive stuff.

Too funny!!!!! Reminds me of a little book I have. The title of the book is "What Every Man Knows About Women", and you open the book up, and it just has blank pages!!! :lolots::lolots::lolots:

I got the owl FOB from the boutique a few weeks ago, didn't inspect it before I left and noticed that night when I was showing DH it that the little Coach hangtag on it was tarnished, had rust around the edges. I begged hubby to take it back and exchange it for me since his office is only a few minutes from the boutique. He did it for me!

my DH compares my Coach talk to his computer talk...so if I start rambling on about one bag or another or some auction that I bid on but did not win he starts talking to me about computer stuff...mother board, processor speed and google phone this, I phone that....and we just roll our eyes at each other.

He told me once that he hated the color of one of my vintage bags....I ended up selling it and was really sad. He does not share his opinions any more concerning bags.