A Chic Solution for the Pen-in-Purse Problem!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
This is quite a small purchase but a very satisfactory one because it solves a problem for me.

I feel that a pen is a necessary tool but ever since I had one leak inside my bag during a flight I have used a case to hold my pen.

For the last few years I have been using a give-away plastic Sony case that came with a freebie pen at a trade show.

It has worked well for me but it is flimsy and it's finally falling apart and I haven't been able to find a good replacement.

I have looked at some of the Coach pencil cases (leather, fabric, or see-through vinyl) but they seemed rather large and none of them really appealed to me. I don't want to add bulk to the contents of my bag.

But today at the Men's outlet I found this sleek FP delete Nubuck Bleecker Pencil Case in clearance for $21 (MSRP = $68). Apparently it came in several colorblock combinations but this one is Sharkskin/Natural 64544 BQP.

It is lightweight and compact and holds my Cross pen and Zagg stylus with plenty of room to spare. And when you open it up there is a surprise inside because it says "Write This Down" - so cute!

And of course, it looks great with my Rory! :graucho:

Attachments

• PencilCaseBleecker64544_002.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 780
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_003.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 787
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_004.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_004.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 784
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_005.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 784
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_006.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 788
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_007.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 783
  • PencilCaseBleecker64544_010.jpg
    PencilCaseBleecker64544_010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 783
  • 64544_bqp_a0.jpg
    64544_bqp_a0.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:
This is awesome! I have the Bleecker Pencil case in Green but I don't like it and have never used it. I don't carry a pen in my purse because I'm so worried about a leak and would like to start carrying one, this seems like it would be perfect.

I recommend the space pen. It's leak proof, compact and lasts forever. They cost about $30. My first one lasted 10 years, and I never had a refill. Until it got stolen. The 2nd one is holding strong for 8 years now. Never a problem with leaving or anything. And It is barely longer than a credit card. You can grab one on amazon. They have so many colors now, but mine is chrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

I recommend the space pen. It's leak proof, compact and lasts forever. They cost about $30. My first one lasted 10 years, and I never had a refill. Until it got stolen. The 2nd one is holding strong for 8 years now. Never a problem with leaving or anything. And It is barely longer than a credit card. You can grab one on amazon. They have so many colors now, but mine is chrome.

My husband had had 2 of those as well. They are awesome!

My husband had had 2 of those as well. They are awesome!

thanks, I will look into that!

Last edited:
This is awesome! I have the Bleecker Pencil case in Green but I don't like it and have never used it. I don't carry a pen in my purse because I'm so worried about a leak and would like to start carrying one, this seems like it would be perfect.

That is awesome!

That's cute! I love it.

Thanks, I love finding small, trim, accessories that perfectly meet my needs - and when I find them at a great price it is even better! :biggrin:

This is quite a small purchase but a very satisfactory one because it solves a problem for me.

I feel that a pen is a necessary tool but ever since I had one leak inside my bag during a flight I have used a case to hold my pen.

For the last few years I have been using a give-away plastic Sony case that came with a freebie pen at a trade show.

It has worked well for me but it is flimsy and it's finally falling apart and I haven't been able to find a good replacement.

I have looked at some of the Coach pencil cases (leather, fabric, or see-through vinyl) but they seemed rather large and none of them really appealed to me. I don't want to add bulk to the contents of my bag.

But today at the Men's outlet I found this sleek FP delete Nubuck Bleecker Pencil Case in clearance for $21 (MSRP = $68). Apparently it came in several colorblock combinations but this one is Sharkskin/Natural 64544 BQP.

It is lightweight and compact and holds my Cross pen and Zagg stylus with plenty of room to spare. And when you open it up there is a surprise inside because it says "Write This Down" - so cute!

And of course, it looks great with my Rory! :graucho:
great! I need one now! Very nice, girlfriend.