A Chanel Themed Closet!

nessavay

Aug 7, 2009
Hi Ladies,

My DH and I are building a house and he promised to give me my dream closet and is even letting me knock down a bedroom wall so I can add it to my closet so I want to make it as fabulous as possible and naturally I want it to have a Chanel theme. I figured it wouldn't take much to find other Chanel themed closets on the internet for inspiration, but surprisingly I only found two. The first pic is from some woman in Texas whose closet cost $5 million and the other is some woman from Miami. I'm meeting with my interior decorator on Friday so I was hoping that some of you lovely ladies might have a Chanel themed closet and wouldn't mind sharing some pics. Even if you don't have pics, I'd love to hear any ideas that you may have. TIA!

image-4137703025.jpg

image-481367683.jpg

Well, sleek black and white is always Chanel style. Chanel boutiques use gorgeous Chanel tweed on their furniture. You could always custom order some furniture and choose a similar pretty tweed fabric, or you could find some fabulous vintage furniture and have it recovered with tweed fabric of your choice. I love the pink and black tweed with metallic threads that the boutiques reupholstered their chairs in. I think any rugs like the ones above with the giant CC logo would have to be custom made if you wanted something like that. You could also search online for Chanel scarves to make throw pillows out of, or a Chanel beach towel that you could use to recover a bench with. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Please post pics for us!

I love this idea. Never even thought of a theme for a closet but it's a fab idea. I love the 1st pic. The second one with boxes being displayed is a bit pretentious to me. So jealous.

I love the flooring in the first pic, the black and white tiles have always been a favorite. Black, white and tweed is classic chanel so have fun with it... Oh and ofcourse the diamond quilting!

does your name also start with a C? you could just create your own monogram and incorporate quilting and the like. that way it can be more personal. jmo

AEGIS said:
does your name also start with a C? you could just create your own monogram and incorporate quilting and the like. that way it can be more personal. jmo

I like this idea!!! And please post pix when your closet is done OP!!! So excited for you!

someone i know was once featured in NY Magazine w pics of her closet which featured
mostly Chanel (some Hermes if i recall)...it was done to look like a boutique or shop w many glass shelves...it was a few yrs ago...

you should also contact Chanel and see if they do anything custom or even ask where their things come from (if they'll tell you!). If they do, you might be able to get a carpet or even find where they're getting their tweeds from and see if they can help you out at all!
Otherwise go with black and white: sleek, simple, and elegant! I am so jealous and can't wait to see how it all goes!

Very exciting! I am so happy for you! What a great DH!

I think the first picture looks so much better than the second. I think to maximize the space you can make a sliding mirror door just like in the stores! Instead of a mirror that takes up a wall, you can have a sliding door in front of some shelves so it shows/hides whichever shelf you aren't using. Also saves wall space and makes the closet look much bigger!

Can't wait to see your closet! Keep us posted~~