A Carly by any other name

It's true, but there are only so many ways you can design a purse. Chanel keeps churning out the same things year after year. At least, Coach tries to change it a little. I think that if they called this Carly, it wouldn't sell because people don't want an old style. It isn't exactly the same. I think it is cheaper to produce. The straps around the bottom corners are thinner. The handle is too short to wear on your shoulder and doesn't have the pad that the Carly does. I bet the hardware is thinner and lighter. On the fabric style, there is leather trim around the top where the Carly always got worn out and there is a wrapping detail on the handle.

I just bought the Katarina in Paprika today with my PCE. She is so beautiful! Also bought the matching zippy wallet. I think Coach has updated this bag very well. The bag fits over the shoulder with my coat on very well due to the way it slouches.

It's true, but there are only so many ways you can design a purse. Chanel keeps churning out the same things year after year. At least, Coach tries to change it a little. I think that if they called this Carly, it wouldn't sell because people don't want an old style. It isn't exactly the same. I think it is cheaper to produce. The straps around the bottom corners are thinner. The handle is too short to wear on your shoulder and doesn't have the pad that the Carly does. I bet the hardware is thinner and lighter. On the fabric style, there is leather trim around the top where the Carly always got worn out and there is a wrapping detail on the handle.

Saw it in the store today and it's really a pretty bag. May have to go back and get one!

I just bought the Katarina in Paprika today with my PCE. She is so beautiful! Also bought the matching zippy wallet. I think Coach has updated this bag very well. The bag fits over the shoulder with my coat on very well due to the way it slouches.

I just bought one too, and I love it! I agree the strap drop is plenty. I like the style of the Carly and glad they reinvented it in updated colors, especially the patents!

The Paprika looks beautiful! I'm becoming a patent lover.

It's for people like me who weren't here the first time around. :smile: Was she originally that big though? I like the paprika one.
I think the larger Carly was that big, but the regular Carly was about 10 x 12. I think that Coach is making bigger bags these days because that seems to be what everyone wants. You can size up but it is hard to go back to a smaller purse.
I didn't like the original Carly in leather but these look better in leather.

I like the Katarina, but I love my Carly which was my first real Coach ... it's just too similar for me, without all the things I really loved about Carly ... the hardware on the sides, the "double" strap, the metal loops. I did look at the parchment Katarina for a minute, but as soon as I saw it had lavender lining too it was no longer even a possibility.