A buyer has remorse...what to do

darlinga

LV Addict
O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
This has been my first experience with this on ebay.

Tonight one of my auctions ended. A coach wallet. The woman emails me that I didn't describe it accurately in my listing, which I most certainly did and I called her on it. She apologizes and tells me she doesn't need another 'white' wallet. ((This one is parchment/gold)) And she asks me what she needs to do so we BOTH maintain our good ebay standing.

BOTH?!?!?!

I messaged her back that I wish she would have looked at the auction before decided she didn't 'want' the wallet because now I have to pay the listing and final value fees.

What do I do with this? Is there a way to offer it to the next highest bidder but not get charged through ebay for her winning it?

Thanks!

You will have to wait 7 days and file a Non-Paying Bidder complain on her. She will get a strike and you will get your Final Value Fee. When she asked you what to do to keep "BOTH" your standing sounds to me like - if she gets a strike, she will leave you a negative feedback. Which is one of the convoluted policies eBay has. Because even if they didn't pay, it still gives them access to leave you a negative feedback (although I heard this policy will change soon. if they are non-paying, they can't leave a feedback...at least that is how i understood the forthcoming change).
Or you can apply to cancel the transaction - which means, both buyer and seller agreed to cancel transaction. eBay will refund your Final Value Fee.
In both cases, you cannot recoup your listing fee.

In order to get your final value fee back, you need to open a case for a non-paid item on the 8th day. Ebay allows buyers another 7 days to pay. Again, on the 8th day, you can close the case and get your final value fee back. Ebay allows buyers a TOTAL of 14 Days to pay. Only at this time can you give a 2nd chance offer without the other bidder/buyer coming back to cause problems.

Keep your email with the winner all thru ebay. Tell the buyer she needs to pay up or face a non-paid strike. Unfortunately, ebay doesn't like sellers to much and she can leave a negative feedback. You can leave a response to it. You can also give her a strike. Its a hassle and time consuming so weigh your options. Either way, your buyer is obligated by contract to pay.

Id like to block her too. I dont like when buyers threaten sellers and sellers give in to them. She will never get punished this way and is free to do it over and over. Id probably report her threat to ebay and file the NPB anyway then if she left a neg Id respond to it and try report it to ebay because she was a NPB. No big deal when you arent in the wrong and buyers can usually see what the neg is for if the seller responds. Also if she didnt respond to the NPB alert she would be unable to leave feedback.