A brilliant way to save up for my next bag...

ElisiaKay

O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
After buying SO many other brands in the past year, I bought heaps of wallets and bags. There is not much to buy here in New Zealand, and our dollar is pretty strong so I managed to snap up a few good deals on the bay for preloved Coach and Kate Spade bags. I thought I probably have bought 20 pieces and each time shipping was about $45USD! So looking back I have probably spent about $1000 on shipping alone! (stupid I know)

Anyway on Saturday I pulled out my very first LV, an Artsy I bought 2 years ago and man it is the best bag!! I didn't understand why I kept it in the closet for the past year (used it every now and then but had all these 'new' bags to use and try on) so I had forgotten about how good she looked on my shoulder and the wonderful 6 inner pockets she has. I pulled out my ZCP in bleu nuit and started using it too, and it fits perfectly in one of those inner pockets. I was so excited on saturday as if I just got a new bag!

I had plans to go to LV to look at a couple of bags that day after work as I couldn't get Milla or Menilmontant out of my head. So I went there, tried everything and I just didn't understand why I needed to purchase another bag?! I already have the best!! I originally was going to purchase a Milla to keep coupons, reciepts etc... but I have all those pockets in the Artsy I could use. So it probably is a bit pointless...

I tried on almost everything and I just didn't love any pieces in particular. However I couldn't keep my eyes off the Vernis in Blanc Corail so I ended up buying a little business card holder and I love it!!

So last night I decided to put my other bags online (and sold a couple already, MODs I know no selling here :smile:) I came to realise that I am so happy with my Artsy I will wear her everyday with my ZCP and card holder. All the money I get from the sales of the bags will go into my savings account, and even better if I decide to buy anything bag related I will transfer the same amount into my savings. So this will give me a second thought when I come to purchasing anything on impulse in the future. I have already transfered the same amount I paid for my card holder, and I will just wait until I see my next HG bag :smile: hopefully Delightful in Azur someday in the future.

Thanks for letting me share.

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
Katy Tx
I'm so glad you're using your Artsy ! I have one and I love it !!! I use it all the time except when we have rain. I got caught in a thunderstorm once and immediately shoved it under my shirt to keep that goregous handle dry !

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
specme said:
I'm so glad you're using your Artsy ! I have one and I love it !!! I use it all the time except when we have rain. I got caught in a thunderstorm once and immediately shoved it under my shirt to keep that goregous handle dry !
I use mine in the rain and snow storm.. We had snow yesterday and I used my Artsy lol.. I just wrap the handle while I'm out in it and then once I've reached my destination I unwrap it and put the bandeau in my bag.. Cause really the other part of the bag can handle the weather :smile:

Loving My Louie's...

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
Great plan, Im glad you're enjoying your Artsy and I hope you get good money for all those bags you're not using anymore. :tup:

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
Norway
This is such a great story :smile: i'm glad you're enjoying your ZCP and Artsy! Good luck with the sales of your other items!

MolMol

O.G.
Jun 19, 2007
New Jersey
I like that way of saving! I sometimes impulsively buy bags/accessories and if I did things your way I may save myself some money! thanks for the idea. Glad you like your artsy!

Jun 4, 2011
congratulations on making the first steps! i am actually with you on this. i found a bag that i truly like and i have decided to use her for a long time. at the end of every year, my husband and i write out our own individual goals and we do our couple's goals. this year on my goal list numero uno is to not purchase a purse. i thought it would be difficult but i've noticed the substantial amount of money i am able to put away that i am convinced i'll be doing this for a long time. matter of fact, i've changed my priority to look forward to travelling more since i am able to save up. so congratulations again and keep it up! i know i will since there's more to life than always hunting down the latest and greatest purse!! :P

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm glad you're selling off what you don't use and getting the most out of the bag you really love. I love my LV bags most in my collection but I do love using my other brands too. I should try to work everything into the rotation more though and if I find I'm not using a particular few very much, I should do what you're doing!

alf13

Oct 25, 2011
It really is a wonderful, freeing epiphany to realize what you actually love the most and that you can get rid of the stuff that doesn't matter much to you. I read a Diane Von Furstenberg quote a while back that has resonated with me ever since: "Once you figure out your suitcase, you figure out your life." For me, that quote reminds me of how nice it is to keep a small number of things that I truly treasure. It's too exhausting trying to curate a large collection of "stuff" that just sits in my closet! The Tolkien nerd in me really relates to Gollum - I'm always a bit torn between obsessing over my things and wanting to get rid of them!

_Shelly_

Loves Her Baby Girl!
O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
Virginia
I love that idea! I find myself purchasing things off the bay just because I think they are a great deal- and then they sit in my closet LOL!

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
Congrats!! I don't think I'd have as many nice LV bags if I didn't have my Coach collection to sell off to fund them !! Enjoy your Artsy and zcp:smile: