A Brief and Whacky LV Adventure

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
This happened to me several years ago.
I came home from work one day to find a box sent from one of the NYC LV boutiques. FedExhad delivered it and my 13 yo daughter had signed for it.
In the box was a black multicouleur satchel bag, I do not know the style name. Beautiful!! The invoice had the same last name as mine (unusual name) but a man's first name. I had not ordered this bag, and no one had ordered it for me. It was a dream come true!
But of course I knew it was not mine to keep. Still, perhaps some distant relative of my husband's had sent it to me?
I carried it to work the next day, very carefully, to show it off.
Sure enough, several days later I got a notification from FedEx asking me to come to their office and pick up another package. Maybe another bag??
No...This one was a letter, from the LV store. It simply said " Please return the bag. The customer who ordered it is waiting for it."
So of course I arranged for Fed Ex to pick up the bag at my house. This, and the trip I had to make to their store to pick up the letter, meant missed time from work.
I never got any acknowledgement, not a Thanks for being honest or Sorry for your trouble or even a Boy are you Stupid.
I always wondered if I could have kept that bag- after all, a 13 year old's signature is not legally binding. And I wonder if they passed that bag off as new to the customer who bought it? I had obviously taken it out of its packaging.
At least I had a gorgeous bag for a few days!!